At a Glance
- Career History: Member, Illinois House of Representatives (1999-2007); Member, DuPage County Board (1994 to 1998)
- Birthday: March 1, 1966
- Hometown: Park Ridge, Ill.
- Alma Mater: Bethel College, B.A. 1988; Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 1993
- Spouse: Christy
- Religion: Christian
- Committees: House Agriculture Committee , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- State/District Office: M103A State Capitol, Springfield, IL 62706, 217-782-8022
- Web site
Path To Power
Randall M. "Randy" Hultgren was born in Park Ridge, Ill., a northwest suburb of Chicago. He grew up in Illinois, attending high school at the evangelical Wheaton Academy. Hultgren went on to earn a bachelor's degree in political science at Bethel University in 1988 and a law degree at Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1993.
As a lawyer, Hultgren worked for Johnson, Westra, Broecker, Whittaker & Newitt, P.C. in Carol Stream, Ill., before starting his own practice. He is currently a vice president at Performance Trust Investment Advisors in Chicago.
Hultgren proudly describes himself as a "real conservative," an assertion that is easily supported by his record in the Illinois legislature. A businessman and former lawyer, Hultgren has consistently voted conservatively on myriad economic and social issues.
While he is focusing his 2010 House campaign on fiscal conservatism and his track record of helping small businesses - he's received several awards from the Illinois Chamber of Commerce - Hultgren has also developed a reputation in Illinois as a strong abortion foe and right-to-life advocate.
Hultgren is supported by local tea party groups in Illinois. He has been endorsed by the American Conservative Union, the National Chamber of Commerce, the National Rifle Association, the Illinois Federation for Right-to-Life PAC and the Council for Citizens Against Government Waste PAC.