At a Glance
- Career History: Ohio State Senator (2000 - 2002); Congressional Aide, U.S. Rep. Jim Traficant (1995-1997)
- Birthday: July 16, 1973
- Hometown: Niles, Ohio
- Alma Mater: Bowling Green St. University, B.A. 1995, Franklin Pierce Law Center, J.D. 2000
- Spouse: Divorced
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Committees: House Armed Services Committee , House Budget Committee
- DC Office: 1421 Longworth House Office Building, Washington, DC 20515
- State/District Office: 197 West Market St ,Warren, OH 44481* 241 West Federal St., Youngstown, OH 44503 * 1030 Tallmadge Ave., Akron, OH 44310
- Web site
Path To Power
Tim Ryan, born July 16, 1973, grew up in small-town Niles, Ohio. Ryan's mother and grandparents raised both him and his older brother.
During high school, Ryan was the star quarterback of John F. Kennedy High School's football team until a knee injury ended his career.
Since Ryan entered the political scene, he has consistently been left-leaning on economic and foreign policy issues.
He has prioritized the cause of U.S. manufacturers, supported the 2009 economic stimulus bill and 2010 health-care reform and fought for making college more affordable.
There was talk of Ryan running for lieutenant governor of Ohio alongside Democratic Gov. Ted Strickland (D) in 2010, but Ryan decided to remain in the House. That was likely a smart move since Strickland lost to John Kasich (R).
Ryan co-chairs the Congressional Manufacturing Caucus with Illinois Republican Don Manzullo.