ABOUT WP BRANDCONNECT
WP BrandConnect is a platform that connects advertisers with The Washington Post audience. All content is developed and paid for by the advertiser. The Washington Post Newsroom is not involved in the creation of this content.
Washington Post readers trust us to provide them with everything they need to understand the world around them. They’re smart. They’re influential. They’re educated. They’re business-minded. They’re powerful. They want to consume and share content that is well-written and produced. This means that what you create through WP BrandConnect Studio is valuable to readers: material that makes them think, feel, laugh, share and want more.
TIPS FOR PRINT
- Print is trustworthy. The printed word is still most often perceived as more credible than what can be found on the web.
- People can “disconnect” with print. More than ever, people are choosing to take time to disconnect from their digital devices and instead engage and spend more time with print. As such, people are in a different frame of mind, can be engaged for longer periods of time and are open to different types of messages.
- Print is palpable and has the perception of permanence. Readers still enjoy the physicality of print. Having a print component to your native strategy says something about your organization and the message you’re trying to send: you care about engaging with your consumer over the long term.
- The focus of print is customer retention. You’re not trying to “sell” the reader; you’re trying to engage with them to create brand loyalty.
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER
In order to create the most successful content with WP BrandConnect, we suggest asking yourself the following questions before you start:
- Why am I producing/promoting this content?
- What marketing problems does it answer, and how?
- What does a successful end to this campaign look like?
- Who is accountable for the story of my brand?
- What’s the difference between a consumer who reads this content and one who doesn’t?