Hawks beat Mount Hebron, 6-5, to win region softball championship.
Brandon Senft and Ben Chisolm combine for nine goals in the semifinal victory over Howard.
The Warriors make their first trip to the Maryland 4A/3A state championship.
The Gophers defeat Chesapeake, 4-1, in the 4A East final with the help of Alyssa Allender’s three-run home run Friday afternoon.
The Bulldogs jumped ahead early to defeat Wootton, 10-5, Friday afternoon in Rockville.
The Saints edge out Georgetown Visitation, 14-12, to win the ISL-AA final in Potomac Wednesday afternoon.
Paul VI Catholic’s Patrick McDonald takes home individual championship
Andrea Pappas leads the McLean boys’ varsity eight rowing team
Purple Eagles hold off some late pressure for their fourth straight WCAC championship.
Falcons erase 6-4 halftime deficit for ninth title in ten years.
St. Stephen’s/St. Agnes wins ISL ChampionshipSt. Stephen’s/St. Agnes defeated Georgetown Visitation, 14-12, to claim the title.
In Case You Missed It
Fairfax team manager Drew Bonner, who hasn't played baseball since he was 11 due to muscular dystrophy, took an at-bat vs. Madison as his classmates cheered him on.
Mount Vernon senior captain Simond Kargbo has struggled to cope with the recent death of his mother, but finds a safe haven on the soccer field.
See the best area athletes in basketball, swimming, indoor track, wrestling and hockey.
Sports at a Glance
- Lipscomb hires Casey Alexander as new men's coach, luring him away from Stetson
- Arizona hires former player Damon Stoudamire as assistant coach under Miller
- Steve Alford reaches agreement over buyout that will result in $625K benefit to New Mexico
- K-State welcomes forward Brandon Bolden, transfer from Georgetown
- Washington G C.J. Wilcox undergoes surgery to stabilize stress fracture in left foot