Sports photo galleries
Hawks beat Mount Hebron, 6-5, to win region softball championship.
Brandon Senft and Ben Chisolm combine for nine goals in the semifinal victory over Howard.
The Warriors make their first trip to the Maryland 4A/3A state championship.
Oxbow upsets Orb in the Preakness.
Barry Svrluga assesses the best teams in Major League Baseball through Thursday.
The Gophers defeat Chesapeake, 4-1, in the 4A East final with the help of Alyssa Allender’s three-run home run Friday afternoon.
The Bulldogs jumped ahead early to defeat Wootton, 10-5, Friday afternoon in Rockville.
The British soccer superstar says he will retire when his French team’s season ends May 26.
The Kentucky Derby champion readies for Baltimore’s Preakness Stakes on Saturday, where he is the favored to win.
The Saints edge out Georgetown Visitation, 14-12, to win the ISL-AA final in Potomac Wednesday afternoon.
Paul VI Catholic’s Patrick McDonald takes home individual championship
Andrea Pappas leads the McLean boys’ varsity eight rowing team
Mike Wise to D.C.: Lamont Peterson is your champion--Post Sports LiveThe Washington Post’s Mike Wise makes the case that D.C. should get behind Lamont Peterson, who is competing for the International Boxing Federation’s title on Saturday.
Sports at a Glance
- Lipscomb hires Casey Alexander as new men's coach, luring him away from Stetson
- Arizona hires former player Damon Stoudamire as assistant coach under Miller
- Steve Alford reaches agreement over buyout that will result in $625K benefit to New Mexico
- K-State welcomes forward Brandon Bolden, transfer from Georgetown
- Washington G C.J. Wilcox undergoes surgery to stabilize stress fracture in left foot