Mark Maske assesses the league’s top teams after Week 1.
1. Packers (1-0) There were some issues on defense Thursday night against the Saints, but QB Aaron Rodgers was sharp and the champs’ title defense started off well.
2. Patriots (1-0) In an opening weekend filled with huge passing performances, Tom Brady’s 517-yard effort Monday night in Miami was the most prolific of all.
3. Jets (1-0) It took some help from Tony Romo, but the Jets managed to find a way to win Sunday night.
4. Eagles (1-0) They got started with a solid road win in St. Louis.
5. Ravens (1-0) The decisive opening triumph over the Steelers establishes the Ravens as the early favorites in the AFC North.
6. Saints (0-1) The loss to the Packers hurt. So does the injury to wide receiver Marques Colston.
7. Chargers (1-0) They still haven’t demonstrated that their problems on special teams are fixed. But at least they won.
8. Steelers (0-1) For one week, the poor play can be forgiven.
9. Falcons (0-1) Ditto.
10. Texans (1-0) They should be the prime beneficiaries of Peyton Manning’s absence from the Colts’ lineup.