Gray mornings followed by partly sunny afternoons are the story today and tomorrow. Will showers impact Friday’s ball games?
Weather WallFor Interactive, National, and Storm maps:
1. The maps allow you to turn on and off radar, current conditions, alerts,
storm reports, and many more. They may take a few seconds to load.
2. These maps also enable you to zoom down to neighborhood and even
street-level to get the latest weather conditions. Use the control
with "+" and "-" symbols on the left to zoom in and out, or double
click to zoom in on any location.
3. Click and hold down mouse button
while dragging mouse to pan map in any
4. To view all the map
controls, mouse over the black bar across the top.
5. If you want to
switch locations using a Zip code, city name or
address, click on the
6. To stop or animate satellite or radar imagery, hit
the "||" (stop) or
"►" (play) control on the left side, above the
D.C. Area Weather Meters
The D.C. Area Weather Meters provide a snapshot into a range of health and lifestyle weather-related impacts.
• The Air Quality Index is provided daily by the U.S. EPA. There are six categories: good, moderate, unhealthy for sensitive groups (displayed as: Unhealthy SG), unhealthy, very unhealthy & hazardous.
• The UV Index is provided daily by the U.S. EPA and National Weather Service. It indicates the strength of UV radiation as forecast around 1 p.m. There are five categories: low, moderate, high, very high & extreme.
• The Golf Comfort Index is a real-time index of golf comfort from the Capital Weather Gang based on temperature, precipitation and wind. There are three categories: good, fair & bad.
• The Hair Quality Index is a real-time index of hair quality from the Capital Weather Gang based on humidity, wind, and precipitation. There are three categories: good, fair & bad.
• The Flu Pollen index indicates pollen levels: none, sporadic, local, regional & widespread.
Today in Weather History
Cold snap, 1899: Washington, DC drops to the first of three consecutive record lows. Temperature drops to 36 degrees before falling to 33 and 35 the next two days.