Photos from Around the World
Buddhist Wesak festival, POW reunion, bridge collapse, world’s largest Lego model and more.
Immigrant youths take to the streets and set fire to cars in protest of a police shooting in a suburb of Sweden’s capital.
Oklahoma tornado wreckage, London terrorism attack, NASA’s Dream Chaser, Triton unmanned aircraft and more.
Two assailants hacked to death a British soldier on a busy southeast London neighborhood street Wednesday afternoon.
Chelsea Flower Show, face transplant in Poland, Oklahoma residents cope with tornado aftermath and more.
Fun and fascinating creatures around the world.
Battle of Teutoburg Forest reenactment, Mars Curiosity rover drilling massive tornado strikes Moore, Oklahoma and more.
For centuries, merchants have traveled to the Danakil Depression to collect salt from the vast desert basin.
Preakness Stakes, deadly tornadoes, Whit Monday, Gothic festival, World Dog Show and more.
Attacks, which hit market places and crowded bus stops, pushed death toll in Iraq since Wednesday to more than 200.
With U.S. air support vanishing, Afghan soldiers will have to rely on their own air force and unarmored ambulances.
Cyclone Mahasen, Texas tornadoes, puffin census, melting Swiss glacier and more.
At 13, Radomir Franz knew he wanted to be a taxidermist. Now, he’s one of Europe’s most sought-after experts in the field.
The cyclone weakens into a tropical storm and then dissipates, causing far less damage than had been feared.
Bolivian workers strike, Nakba Day clashes, Barbie Dreamhouse protest, Cambodian factory collapse and more.
Facing influx of more than 400,000 Syrians displaced by war, Turkish leaders appeal for international aid.
What U.S. forces are leaving behind in Afghanistan after more than a decade of war.
The middle class is becoming a majority in Mexico, where dramatic demographic changes are taking place.
In a society rooted in egalitarianism, the families of top Communist Party officials wield increasing clout.
Photo Essays |
Elsewhere in World
Asia / Pacific
- Hezbollah leader says his group will not stand idle while its ally Syria is under attack
- Roadside bomb kills 2 Yemeni soldiers in area where military is fighting al-Qaida
- Egypt top court rules against Islamist-backed election law that lifts ban on religious slogans
- Iraq car bomb kills 6 Iranian pilgrims and 1 Iraqi north of Baghdad
- Friend of man suspected of killing UK soldier on London street arrested after BBC interview
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris; unclear yet if any link to UK attack
- UK police: 3 more men arrested in slaying of British soldier in London
- French soldier stabbed in neck by robed attacker with box cutter
- Huge crowd celebrates 'victorious decade' of President Fernandez's government
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford denies allegations that he smokes crack cocaine
- Chile's Indians cheer as regulator fines Barrick Gold for violating Pascua-Lama permit
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US to face embezzlement, money-laundering charges
- Federal outreach to Muslim American communities is a pillar of Obama counterterrorism strategy
- Looking at US security in years ahead, Obama weighs terror threats against civil liberties
- By the numbers: US drone strikes and estimated deaths in Pakistan and Yemen since 2002
- Obama lifts ban on the transfer of Guantanamo detainees to Yemen