Photos from Around the World
For centuries, merchants have traveled to the Danakil Depression to collect salt from the vast desert basin.
Preakness Stakes, deadly tornadoes, Whit Monday, Gothic festival, World Dog Show and more.
Attacks, which hit market places and crowded bus stops, pushed death toll in Iraq since Wednesday to more than 200.
With U.S. air support vanishing, Afghan soldiers will have to rely on their own air force and unarmored ambulances.
Cyclone Mahasen, Texas tornadoes, puffin census, melting Swiss glacier and more.
At 13, Radomir Franz knew he wanted to be a taxidermist. Now, he’s one of Europe’s most sought-after experts in the field.
The cyclone weakens into a tropical storm and then dissipates, causing far less damage than had been feared.
Bolivian workers strike, Nakba Day clashes, Barbie Dreamhouse protest, Cambodian factory collapse and more.
Facing influx of more than 400,000 Syrians displaced by war, Turkish leaders appeal for international aid.
Epecuen, which spent a quarter-century under water, is coming up for air in the farmlands southwest of Buenos Aires.
Wisconsin wildfire, Nakba Day march, Bangladesh prayer service, Prince Harry visits New Jersey and more.
Pigeons, sloth bear cubs, a pygmy hippo’s first steps, bison and more.
Ryan C. Fogle was briefly detained by Russia’s security service and then ordered out of the country.
Ancient Greece exhibit, Soyuz capsule landing, a vegetable orchestra, John Lennon’s Ferrari and more.
African Colombian hairdressing contest, tattoo convention, Our Lady of Fatima vigil, space music video and more.
Nawaz Sharif sealed a remarkable political comeback in Saturday’s vote.
What U.S. forces are leaving behind in Afghanistan after more than a decade of war.
The middle class is becoming a majority in Mexico, where dramatic demographic changes are taking place.
In a society rooted in egalitarianism, the families of top Communist Party officials wield increasing clout.
Photo Essays |
Elsewhere in World
Asia / Pacific
- Price of oil eases to near $96 a barrel in Europe ahead of release of Fed minutes
- Rights group: Dramatic spike in number of Afghan women jailed for 'moral crimes'
- Bus collides with truck in India, killing 11 including 7 members of wedding party
- Philippines protests presence of Chinese warship, fishing boats in disputed Spratly Islands
- South Africa: Tears, kisses as court frees brother of Olympian double-amputee Oscar Pistorius
- M23 rebels clash with Congo army for a 2nd day in the country's east
- South Africa: Sheriff denied entry to auction Mandela ex-wife's belongings to pay debt
- Tunisian feminist arrested for 'provocative' appearance in holy city
- Oman proposes Gulf ban on women wearing full-face niqab veils from driving
- Reports boost speculation that Iran has barred 2 prominent figures from presidential ballot
- Tunisia: Man back from Saudi Arabia dies from coronavirus, 2 children treated and recovered
- More troops and equipment arrive in Egypt's Sinai as hostage crisis continues
- UN says it sees a major drop in number of Syrian refugees arriving in Jordan, unsure why
- Bulgaria: Parliament elects Mihail Mikov, a Socialist former interior minister, as its speaker
- Police arrest 4 after second night of riots in Stockholm suburb triggered by police shooting
- Move over Usain! Feathered Bolt sells for $400,000 after only 1 year in priciest pigeon sale
- Guatemala's top court overturns ex-dictator's genocide conviction
- Venezuela opposition releases recording it says suggests Cuban meddling in country's politics
- Mexico's top soccer league bans ownership of multiple teams in move seen as blow to Slim
- Cheers greet Mexican soldiers relieving western town cut off from supplies by drug cartel
- US missile test postponed in April due to North Korean tensions is now scheduled for Tuesday
- Kerry challenges Congress on security at US diplomatic missions, vows to boost protection
- Army general who served in Afghanistan is Pentagon pick to command US troops in South Korea
- VA says more than 10,000 disability claims workers must put in overtime