Latest Videos from around the World
Two in custody after UK-bound plane from Pakistan divertedTwo men were arrested on suspicion of endangering an aircraft Friday after a U.K. fighter jet was scrambled to divert their plane as it traveled from Pakistan to Britain, officials said.
Photos from Around the World
Buddhist Wesak festival, POW reunion, bridge collapse, world’s largest Lego model and more.
Immigrant youths take to the streets and set fire to cars in protest of a police shooting in a suburb of Sweden’s capital.
Oklahoma tornado wreckage, London terrorism attack, NASA’s Dream Chaser, Triton unmanned aircraft and more.
Two assailants hacked to death a British soldier on a busy southeast London neighborhood street Wednesday afternoon.
Chelsea Flower Show, face transplant in Poland, Oklahoma residents cope with tornado aftermath and more.
Fun and fascinating creatures around the world.
Battle of Teutoburg Forest reenactment, Mars Curiosity rover drilling massive tornado strikes Moore, Oklahoma and more.
For centuries, merchants have traveled to the Danakil Depression to collect salt from the vast desert basin.
Preakness Stakes, deadly tornadoes, Whit Monday, Gothic festival, World Dog Show and more.
Attacks, which hit market places and crowded bus stops, pushed death toll in Iraq since Wednesday to more than 200.
With U.S. air support vanishing, Afghan soldiers will have to rely on their own air force and unarmored ambulances.
Cyclone Mahasen, Texas tornadoes, puffin census, melting Swiss glacier and more.
At 13, Radomir Franz knew he wanted to be a taxidermist. Now, he’s one of Europe’s most sought-after experts in the field.
The cyclone weakens into a tropical storm and then dissipates, causing far less damage than had been feared.
Bolivian workers strike, Nakba Day clashes, Barbie Dreamhouse protest, Cambodian factory collapse and more.
Facing influx of more than 400,000 Syrians displaced by war, Turkish leaders appeal for international aid.
What U.S. forces are leaving behind in Afghanistan after more than a decade of war.
The middle class is becoming a majority in Mexico, where dramatic demographic changes are taking place.
In a society rooted in egalitarianism, the families of top Communist Party officials wield increasing clout.
Photo Essays |
Elsewhere in World
- Tunisian feminist faces 6-month prison sentence for carrying pepper spray
- Nigeria's military says it has rescued women and children held hostage by Islamic extremists
- With French help, Niger kills last jihadists in Agadez attack, frees hostages
- Advocacy group: Kenya's mental hospital confines, drugs patients
- Russia says Syrian government agrees to peace talks, but skepticism persists on both sides
- Iran presidential candidate vows policy of resistance against the West if elected
- Syria says Israeli vehicle entered its territory and was targeted heading to a rebel village
- Egypt: 10 men suspected of killing of 3 female family members in 'honor' crime
- UK braces for unrest after soldier's slaying while also reviewing whether it missed warnings
- IMF chief Lagarde named key witness in investigation of payoff to French business tycoon
- UK Parliament speaker's wife settles libel case after court rules her tweet was defamatory
- IMF chief to be witness, not suspect, in French arbitration case
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US to face embezzlement, money-laundering charges
- Honduran gangs plan to sign a truce to cut violence in one of world's most dangerous countries
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford denies allegations that he smokes crack cocaine
- Mexico interior secretary says far fewer people have disappeared in drug war than once feared
- Looking at US security in years ahead, Obama weighs terror threats against civil liberties
- By the numbers: US drone strikes and estimated deaths in Pakistan and Yemen since 2002
- Obama lifts ban on the transfer of Guantanamo detainees to Yemen
- Obama says counter-terror strategy must include US aid to support emerging democracies abroad