Photos from around the region
Imran Khan hopes to replicate his success on the cricket pitch in the field of Pakistani politics.
China newly rich are spending their money on lavish goods.
Three blasts ripped through India’s financial hub, killing at least 17.
The sister of the exiled prime minister won his old office.
After 34 years, world’s longest-serving democratically elected communist party loses power.
A collection of popular works of Chinese artist Ai Weiwei, who was arrested by the Chinese police.
Continued photo coverage from the front lines.
Governments around the world are questioning the use of nuclear power.
Aerial photos reveal the scale of the devastation.
A massive earthquake and tsunami struck the eastern coast of Japan.
Advocates worry that programs aiding women are being rolled back.
Pakistan’s federal minorities minister gunned down.
Elsewhere in World
Asia / Pacific
- NKorean envoy warns 'no guarantee of peace' on third day of fence-mending visit to China
- Asia stocks move erratically while Europe shares are steady a day after global market sell-off
- Oil tracks gains in stocks, erases early losses; US pump price at $3.66 as weekend nears
- Pakistan arrested American 3 years before he was killed in US drone strike
- Ugandan president removes army chief, shuffles his cabinet in aftermath of row over succession
- Extremists claim responsibility for twin suicide attacks in Niger; 26 dead, soldiers hostage
- 15 injured in clashes with security forces in Guinea's capital
- 26 killed by MUJAO in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger targeting French mine and barracks
- Syrian state media: Rebels attack prison in northern city, leaving casualties among inmates
- Israeli Cabinet to discuss new proposal on contentious draft reform
- Deadly fighting between Assad backers, opponents in Lebanon feeds fears that war is spreading
- Israeli leader says UN pressure having no effect on curbing Iranian nuclear program
- Police in Brazil arrest 7 men, 2 women on suspicion of sexually abusing indigenous girls
- Toronto mayor fires chief of staff amid crack video scandal
- Canada terror suspect requests defense attorney willing to use 'the holy book' as reference
- Canada businessman involved in Cuba corruption probe apparently on trial 2 years after arrest
- Looking at US security in years ahead, Obama weighs terror threats against civil liberties
- By the numbers: US drone strikes and estimated deaths in Pakistan and Yemen since 2002
- Obama lifts ban on the transfer of Guantanamo detainees to Yemen
- Obama says counter-terror strategy must include US aid to support emerging democracies abroad