Government bars groups that oppose nuclear energy, human rights abuses from accepting overseas donations.
Photos from around the region
Imran Khan hopes to replicate his success on the cricket pitch in the field of Pakistani politics.
China newly rich are spending their money on lavish goods.
Three blasts ripped through India’s financial hub, killing at least 17.
The sister of the exiled prime minister won his old office.
After 34 years, world’s longest-serving democratically elected communist party loses power.
A collection of popular works of Chinese artist Ai Weiwei, who was arrested by the Chinese police.
Continued photo coverage from the front lines.
Governments around the world are questioning the use of nuclear power.
Aerial photos reveal the scale of the devastation.
A massive earthquake and tsunami struck the eastern coast of Japan.
Advocates worry that programs aiding women are being rolled back.
Pakistan’s federal minorities minister gunned down.
Elsewhere in World
Asia / Pacific
- China urges North Korea to release Chinese fishing boat, 16 crew; owner says ransom demanded
- More bodies recovered in collapsed Indonesia mine where 28 workers are believed to have died
- Asian stock markets rise after US leading economic indicator improves for April
- Chinese court sentences entrepreneur to death in latest crackdown on underground banking
- Iraqi officials: 5 car bombs across Baghdad's Shiite neighborhoods kill 16
- Iraqi officials: 5 car bombs strike Shiite neighborhoods across Baghdad, killing 16 people
- Hot air balloon crashes in central Turkey; 1 killed, 24 injured
- Iraqi officials: Twin car bombings in southern city of Basra kill at least 10 people
- Who is building what in Sochi and at what cost in preparation for the 2014 Olympics
- Russian TV: American accused of spying and ordered to leave the country flies out of Moscow
- Mice and lizards return from a month in space aboard an orbiting Russian capsule
- Could honeybees save Europe from land mines? Croatian scientists think so
- Federal agents arrest top enforcement officer for US Virgin Islands' environment agency
- Mexican judge orders prison for suspects in beating death of Malcolm X's grandson
- Venezuela releases ex-general jailed in post-election crackdown on opposition
- AP reporter recalls brush with death during Argentina's dictatorship under Jorge Rafael Videla
- Army general who served in Afghanistan is Pentagon pick to command US troops in South Korea
- VA says more than 10,000 disability claims workers must put in overtime
- Pentagon poised to trim number of civilian furlough days, expand pool of exempt workers
- Senate panel approves Obama's nominee for US ambassador to Libya