Photos from around the region
Imran Khan hopes to replicate his success on the cricket pitch in the field of Pakistani politics.
China newly rich are spending their money on lavish goods.
Three blasts ripped through India’s financial hub, killing at least 17.
The sister of the exiled prime minister won his old office.
After 34 years, world’s longest-serving democratically elected communist party loses power.
A collection of popular works of Chinese artist Ai Weiwei, who was arrested by the Chinese police.
Continued photo coverage from the front lines.
Governments around the world are questioning the use of nuclear power.
Aerial photos reveal the scale of the devastation.
A massive earthquake and tsunami struck the eastern coast of Japan.
Advocates worry that programs aiding women are being rolled back.
Pakistan’s federal minorities minister gunned down.
Elsewhere in World
Asia / Pacific
- Afghan peace process stalled by larger fears
- Pakistan's presumptive prime minister calls for peace talks with Taliban
- Despite concern Fed may review stimulus plan, stock investors refrain from big profit-taking
- SKorea: NKorea fires short-range weapon for 3rd day; Pyongyang says tests deterring Seoul, US
- Tunisian feminist arrested for 'provocative' appearance in holy city
- Islamist politician calls for ailing Algerian president to show self after 3 week absence
- South Africa's father figure: As frail Mandela fades, his image is still in political fray
- M23 rebels clash with soldiers in eastern Congo, forcing thousands to flee violence
- Official: Palestinians holding off on UN agency membership, mainly to give US effort a chance
- Iraqi officials: 5 car bombs across Baghdad's Shiite neighborhoods kill 16
- A look at the deadliest attacks in Iraq since the 2011 US troop pullout
- Security beefed up in Egypt's Sinai after kidnapping of security personnel
- Church of Scotland takes step to allow gay clergy in compromise vote
- British debate over EU could complicate Irish ‘bandit country’
- Russian special forces say they killed 2 militants planning a terrorist attack in Moscow
- Czech president under fire after blocking academic who is a gay rights activist
- Autopsy: Ex-Argentina dictator Videla died from injuries suffered in fall in shower, at age 87
- Venezuela opposition releases recording it says suggests Cuban meddling in country's politics
- Magnitude-6.5 earthquake strikes off coast of Chile; no tsunami warning
- Federal agents arrest top enforcement officer for US Virgin Islands' environment agency
- US missile test postponed in April due to North Korean tensions is now scheduled for Tuesday
- Kerry challenges Congress on security at US diplomatic missions, vows to boost protection
- Army general who served in Afghanistan is Pentagon pick to command US troops in South Korea
- VA says more than 10,000 disability claims workers must put in overtime