President’s plan to shutter the military detention center in Cuba sets stage for a new political battle.
Evolving U.S. counterterrorism policies and practice of targeted killing.
Keeping track of U.S. service members who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan.
How a decade at war is changing the U.S. military.
Exploring China’s interactions with and effect on the world.
Elsewhere in World
- Roadside bomb kills 2 Yemeni soldiers in area where military is fighting al-Qaida
- Egypt top court rules against Islamist-backed election law that lifts ban on religious slogans
- Hezbollah leader says his group will not stand idle while its ally Syria is under attack
- Iraq car bomb kills 6 Iranian pilgrims and 1 Iraqi north of Baghdad
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford denies allegations that he smokes crack cocaine
- Chile's Indians cheer as regulator fines Barrick Gold for violating Pascua-Lama permit
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US to face embezzlement, money-laundering charges
- Honduran gangs plan to sign a truce to cut violence in one of world's most dangerous countries
- Federal outreach to Muslim American communities is a pillar of Obama counterterrorism strategy
- Looking at US security in years ahead, Obama weighs terror threats against civil liberties
- By the numbers: US drone strikes and estimated deaths in Pakistan and Yemen since 2002
- Obama lifts ban on the transfer of Guantanamo detainees to Yemen