Pressure is building to change the law and put prosecutors instead of commanders in charge.
Evolving U.S. counterterrorism policies and practice of targeted killing.
Keeping track of U.S. service members who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan.
How a decade at war is changing the U.S. military.
Exploring China’s interactions with and effect on the world.
Elsewhere in World
Asia / Pacific
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang visits India to seek improved ties after border standoff
- Pakistan army chief calls on incoming prime minister
- Afghan president to seek military aid on visit to India amid border tensions with Pakistan
- Bangladesh High Court bars owner of garment factory where 112 died from leaving country
- Libya's deputy prime minister says deadly Benghazi explosion last week was an accident
- Video posted online purportedly shows 7 Egyptian security personnel kidnapped in Sinai
- Syrian regime troops score gains, push into strategic rebel-held town near Lebanon
- Key Israeli leader calls for interim peace deal with Palestinians
- Russian TV: American accused of spying and ordered to leave the country flies out of Moscow
- Mice and lizards return from a month in space aboard an orbiting Russian capsule
- Could honeybees save Europe from land mines? Croatian scientists think so
- Denmark's Emmelie de Forest wins Eurovision song contest ahead of Azerbaijan, Ukraine
- Federal agents arrest top enforcement officer for US Virgin Islands' environment agency
- Mexican judge orders prison for suspects in beating death of Malcolm X's grandson
- Venezuela releases ex-general jailed in post-election crackdown on opposition
- AP reporter recalls brush with death during Argentina's dictatorship under Jorge Rafael Videla
- Army general who served in Afghanistan is Pentagon pick to command US troops in South Korea
- VA says more than 10,000 disability claims workers must put in overtime
- Pentagon poised to trim number of civilian furlough days, expand pool of exempt workers
- Senate panel approves Obama's nominee for US ambassador to Libya