Audience Research: User Studies
Online News and Information Media Study
A growing number of Americans are increasing their use of online sources for news and information at the expense of other media. Online users of news and information can be grouped into separate behavioral segments based on their unique media choices. Beyond media habits, the segments also differ in news interests, psychographics and demographics. Nielsen//NetRatings and washingtonpost.com joined forces to better understand the 61% of Americans going online for news and information.

Download the full report


Working Women Online
Working women are increasingly relying on the Internet to balance their busy lives, make buying decisions and save time. Nielsen//NetRatings and washingtonpost.com completed a comprehensive study of the media usage and purchasing habits of Working Women.

Download the full report


Influentials Online
Influentials are the 10% of the population who shape the attitudes and behaviors of the other 90%. washingtonpost.com and RoperASW partnered to explore the attitudes and behaviors of online Influential Americans. The study concluded that the Internet is the #1 weekday media used by online Influentials.

Download the full report


Affluent Adults Nationwide
Individuals with annual household income greater that $100,000 said they use the Web for shopping and/or researching nearly every purchase they make.

Download the full report


Business Decision Makers
The Internet is the preferred and most effective form of media for advertisers trying to target business decision makers.

Download the full report