Preseason Top 25
1. Georgia Tech: The Yellow Jackets have all the ingredients for a championship: talent, size, experience, depth and great coaching.
2. North Carolina: Tar Heels need to show more poise after losing nine games in last 90 seconds last season.
3. Kansas: In only his second season, Coach Bill Self could do what Roy Williams couldn't at Kansas -- win a national championship.
4. Kentucky: The Wildcats are young -- really, really young. But they're talented -- really, really talented.
5. Michigan State: The young Spartans took their lumps early last season, but grew up in a hurry.
6. Wake Forest: The Demon Deacons have a great back court, but how far will Eric Williams and Vytas Danelius take them?
7. Syracuse: Orangemen have all five starters back, including stars Hakim Warrick and Gerry McNamara.
8. Duke: The Blue Devils are flying under the radar on Tobacco Road; who would have ever thunk it?
9. Connecticut: The defending national champions lost Ben Gordon and Emeka Okafor; Rudy Gay will help the Huskies forget about both of them.
10. Illinois: Illini have one of the nation's best back courts in Dee Brown and Deron Williams.
11. Maryland: Will the Terps be the team that hovered on the NCAA bubble for weeks, or the team that won the ACC tournament?
12. Arizona: Wildcats grossly underachieved last season; Coach Lute Olsen won't let it happen again.
13. Oklahoma State: How's this for experience? The Cowboys have four starters older than 23, and Eddie Sutton begins his 43rd season as a head coach.
14. Notre Dame: Coach Mike Brey is turning Notre Dame into the basketball school with the football problem.