washingtonpost.com  > Print Edition > The Extras > District

How Do I ...

Thursday, April 21, 2005; Page DZ05

...contact police and fire?

Emergencies only: 911

Non-emergencies: 311

...get city services?

Citywide Call Center: 202-727-1000 (answers 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.)


Best way to contact D.C. government to report problems or get services.

...get emergency food or shelter?

Answers, Please!: 202-INFO211

Around-the-clock referrals and information.

...report child abuse or neglect?

Child and Family Services hotline: 202-671-SAFE

Staffed 24 hours a day, every day.

...adopt a child?

Child and Family Services: 202-671-LOVE

CONTINUED    1 2 3 4 5    Next >

© 2005 The Washington Post Company