10. In Supreme Court history, who were the "Minnesota Twins"?
11. Who is the only current member of the court to have served in elected
12. How many current justices are former Supreme Court clerks, and which
justices did they serve?
13. Who wrote that the federal courts, headed by the Supreme Court, would
be "the least dangerous" branch of government?
a) Alexander M. Bickel
b) George W. Bush
c) Thomas Jefferson
d) Alexander Hamilton
14. In last year's Bush v. Gore presidential election case, just four days
elapsed between Dec. 8, when the Supreme Court agreed to hear the case, and
Dec. 12, when it issued its decision. Prior to that, what had been the
quickest turnaround in the court¹s history?
15. Sometimes, one justice is unable to participate in a case, giving rise
to the possibility of a 4-4 tie vote. What happens in the event of a tie
vote at the Supreme Court?
a) Neither party wins. The justices schedule
a new hearing.
b) Neither party wins. The case is sent back to
the lower court for a new hearing.
c) The lower court¹s ruling is automatically
d) The lower court¹s ruling is automatically