8. Who was the first chief justice to administer the oath of office to a president of the United States?
9. Who is the only chief justice whose portrait appeared on U.S. currency?
10. True or False: Chief Justice Roger Taney, the author of the 1857 Dred Scott decision denying African Americans U.S. citizenship, resigned from the court after the start of the Civil War in 1861, citing his refusal to continue service in the Union government.
11. William Howard Taft is the only chief justice in history to have previously served as president. Who is the only chief justice to have served as secretary of state?
12. By law, the chief justice serves on the boards of three major Washington cultural institutions. Which ones are they?
13. Which chief justice presided over the Senate impeachment trial of President Andrew Johnson in 1868?
14. Who presides at the court if the chief justice is absent?
15. Who is the only president in history to have appointed more than one
16. How many different presidents occupied the White House during Chief
Justice Earl Warren¹s tenure?
17. Which of the following landmark Supreme Court decisions was not written
by Chief Justice Warren?
a) Brown v. Board of Education
b) Baker v. Carr
c) Loving v. Virginia
d) Miranda v. Arizona