8. Oliver Ellsworth, who administered the oath to John Adams on March 4, 1797.
9. Salmon P. Chase was on the $10,000 bill, which is no longer produced by
10. False. Taney remained as chief until his death in 1864.
11. John Marshall
12. The Smithsonian Institution, The National Gallery of Art, and The Joseph H. Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden.
13. Salmon P. Chase
14. The most senior associate justice present.
15. George Washington, who appointed the first three.
16. Four. Warren served from Oct. 5, 1953, to June 23, 1969, during the presidencies of Dwight
Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard Nixon.
19. Morrison R. Waite.
20. Harlan Fiske Stone.