Thursday, May 19, 2005


Silver Spring Slaying A 49-year-old man was found stabbed to death Tuesday night in his Mount Rainier apartment, Prince George's police said.

The body of Reginald Bruce Taborn, of the 3300 block of Buchanan Street, was discovered about 10:30 p.m. in the apartment, which did not have signs of forced entry, police said.

Taborn worked for a National Institutes of Health office in Rockville, an NIH spokesman said. Police have not made any arrests.

Slaying Charges Montgomery County police have made two arrests in an April 10 slaying in Germantown.

The man suspected of shooting Hason E. Webb, 30, of Brooklyn, N.Y., remains at large, police said yesterday. But Lawrence Edward Angolia, 42, of the 11200 block of Bent Creek Terrace in Germantown, and Omar Tito Walker, 29, of the 17600 block of Horizon Place in Rockville, were charged Tuesday with kidnapping, attempted armed robbery, false imprisonment, assault and other charges, police said.

Police said Angolia and Webb forced three women into a home on the 13100 block of Pickering Drive in Germantown about 2:15 a.m., police said. After repeatedly commanding the women to produce "the stuff," Webb and Angolia were shot by a man in the residence, police said. Webb died and Angolia was seriously injured.

Slaying Sentences A Montgomery County judge yesterday sentenced two Upper Marlboro brothers to 20 years in prison for killing a Silver Spring man last year.

Angel Toledo, 19, and Edgar Toledo, 22, pleaded guilty Jan. 18 to second-degree murder and use of a handgun in a crime of violence, prosecutors said. The Toledos confronted Amos Morel-Ruiz, 20, and two other men in the 2100 block of Belvedere Boulevard in Silver Spring on March 20, 2004. They shot Morel-Ruiz, who later died.

The Toledos are to be deported to Guatemala after serving their sentences, prosecutors said.


'Dentist' Sentenced An Alexandria man was sentenced yesterday to a year and a day in federal prison for making false statements and practicing dentistry in the District without a license.

Prosecutors said Keith Callahan, 48, began working at Centro Dental in the 3400 block of 14th Street NW in March 2003. He knew that he did not have a license, they said. Callahan received an order from the D.C. Department of Health in July 2003 instructing him to cease practicing. He was fined but kept practicing in the city, they said. Prosecutors said he later began working at International Dental Care at 18th Street NW.

CONTINUED     1        >

© 2005 The Washington Post Company