WHAT'S THE DEAL?
What's the Deal?
· Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows on Hawaii's Kohala Coast is offering a fifth night free and a $100 to $200 per room per night resort credit (amount depends on room category) for stays March 1-May 30. Rates start at $430 a night before discount; taxes are an extra 16 percent. Book the "Springtime Early Bird Special" by Jan. 31 at 800-367-2323. Info: http:/
· Spend at least five nights at the Alexandra Resort on Grace Bay Beach in Turks & Caicos and receive a discount worth $400 to $800 per room, depending on room category and length of stay. The deal is good through April 23. Taxes and resort fees are 20 percent extra. Credit is applied to hotel bill at end of stay. Info: 800-704-9424, http:/
· New York City and American Express are sponsoring a "Paint the Town" promo with discounts on hotels, restaurants and attractions through Feb. 28. For example, pay $200 (taxes of 13.4 percent plus $3.50 per room per night are extra) for a weekend night at the Grand Hyatt, a $25 savings. List of participants: 212-484-1200, http:/
· Take a three-day Carnival cruise from Florida to the Bahamas starting at $249 per person double for an inside upper/lower cabin. The deal applies to three sailings in October and November on the Fascination, and to the Dec. 14 sailing on the Fantasy. Taxes $36 extra per person. List price starts at $699. Info: 888-CARNIVAL, http:/
· Norwegian Coastal Voyage has sale fares on three of its vacation packages that include a cruise in Norway. Savings range from $95 to $515 per person depending on package and date. For example, a 17-day "Grand Norway" trip in May with round-trip air from D.C., an 11-night cruise and four hotel nights starts at $3,440 per person double, a savings of $210. Book by March 1. Info: 800-323-7436, http:/
· Book a "Tulip Time" or a " Romantic Rhine" cruise with Globus and receive savings of $200 per person off the air-inclusive price. For example, a weeklong cruise on the Poetry departing Amsterdam on April 8 starts at $2,447 per person double, including air from Dulles. Book by Feb. 28. Info: 866-755-8581, http:/
· Southwest's systemwide sale has fares ranging from $49 to $159 each way. The round-trip fare from BWI to Spokane, Wash., for example, is $217 (including taxes). Other airlines are matching. Twenty-one day-advance purchase required; book by Jan. 23. Travel Jan. 27-June 9. Book at http:/
· Midwest Airlines has a sale to many of its destinations for travel through Sept. 30. For example, fly round trip from Reagan National to Madison, Wis., for $198, plus $38 in taxes. Other airlines are matching. Buy by Jan. 17; no advance purchase required. Info: 800-452-2022, http:/
· Pacific Delight World Tours has a five-night China package with luxury accommodations at Beijing's Peninsula Palace for $1,184 per person double. The deal includes round-trip air from D.C., transfers, tours, guide and seven meals. Priced separately, air would cost about $773 and the hotel about $337 a night, for a savings of about $863 per couple. Travel Jan. 29-March 31. Info: 800-221-7179, http:/
· Funjet Vacations is discounting its packages by as much as $500 per couple for travel Jan. 28-April 9. For example, a four-night trip departing Feb. 6 or 10 to the all-inclusive Iberostar Quetzel in Mexico's Riviera Maya -- with round-trip air on United from Dulles -- is $800 per person double, plus about $96 in taxes. The usual Funjet price starts at $1,000, and the components, purchased separately, would cost about $1,151 per person. Book the "Fun 'N Sun" sale by Jan. 26 at http:/
Bargain of the Week
British Airways is offering introductory fares on its new premier economy and flat-bed business-class service between New York's JFK and Manchester, England. The round-trip "World Traveller Plus" fare is $600 round trip, including taxes (usual fare is $2,095); the round-trip "Club World" fare with taxes is $2,140 (usual fare is $3,381). Purchase by Jan. 18; for premier economy, travel by May 29. Info: 800-AIRWAYS, www.ba.com.
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.