1. Sunrise at Thomas Circle, 1330 Massachusetts Ave. NW. Interior renovations to several apartments and suites. Ten permits: $19,000-$23,000.
2. Grocery store conversion, 4414 Georgia Ave. NW. Conversion of beauty salon to grocery store and delicatessen. Cost: $6,000.
3. Academia Bilingue de la Comunidad public charter school, 209 Upshur St. NW. Construction of a bilingual middle school. Cost: $1.6 million.
4. Warehouse and parking lot, 711 Edgewood St. NE. Renovation of existing warehouse and construction of a parking lot for a new K-12 public charter school. Cost: $2.6 million.
5. Office building, 51 Louisiana Ave. NW. Construction of a 10-story office building in place of a four-story parking garage. Cost: $5 million.
6. AppleTree Institute, 138 12th St. NE. Interior renovation of two-story building and demolition of three-story addition, for use as preschool. Cost: $1.3 million.
7. Grocery store conversion, 1736 Good Hope Rd. SE. Conversion of New Jerusalem Baptist Church into a grocery store. Cost: $70,000.
8. Metropolitan Police Firing Range, 4665 Blue Plains Dr. SW. Renovation of 20,000 square feet of space for an indoor firing range. Cost: $5.4 million.
9. New homes, 3000-3018 Stanton Rd. SE; 2310-2390 Elvans Rd. SE; 1815 Frankford St. SE; 2502-2520 18th St. SE; and 1800-1816 Gainesville St. SE. Thirty-nine permits: $100,000 each.
10. Capitol Q Restaurant, 555 11th St. NW. Interior alterations for restaurant. No cost given.
11. Office space, 1700 K St. NW. Renovation of seventh-floor office space for NGP Energy Tech Partners. Cost: $78,500.
12. Office space, 818 Connecticut Ave. NW. Renovation of third-floor office space for Wendy H. Schwartz & Associates. Cost: $50,000.