Sunday, March 26, 2006
Book a vacation at any of four all-inclusive Couples Resorts in Jamaica by April 30 and one person stays for free . For example, seven nights at Couples Negril is priced at $1,869 per couple; usual price is $3,738. Deal is good at Ocho Rios and Sans Souci properties Aug. 24-Oct. 17 and Dec. 1-24, and at Swept Away and Negril resorts Aug. 24-Oct. 5 and Dec. 1-24. Some dates are sold out. Info: 800-COUPLES, http://www.couples.com/ .
· Looking to do some late-season skiing ? Rent a slopeside condo or house for at least five nights in Big Sky, Mont., and get one night free. The deal, good through April 16, is worth $275 to $775 (depending on the unit) and applies to 130 Resort Property Management properties. Taxes are 14 percent extra. Info: 866-995-4455, http://www.rpmbigsky.com/ .
· The five-star Hotel Hassler in Rome has discounts of more than 50 percent July 17-Sept. 8. A room for two starts at $350 a night, including breakfast; rate is usually $712. A two-night minimum stay is required. Taxes are an extra 10 percent. Book by May 15, and request the "Lazy Days of Summer" promo. Info: 011-39-06-699-34-428, http://www.hotelhassler.com/ .SEA
· Polar Star Expeditions is offering two-for-one pricing on its " Atlantic Canada Sensations" cruise . The 11-night cruise, which departs from St. John's, Newfoundland, on Sept. 17, starts at $3,185 per person double, and visits Newfoundland, Labrador, Nova Scotia, and the French island of St. Pierre. Info: 800-509-1729, http://www.polarstarexpeditions.com/ .
· Ritz Tours has launched a "Grand Yangtze Summer Saver" promo for cruises on China's Yangtze River. The deal, which applies to select departures in July and August, starts at $1,699 per person double -- including round-trip air from Washington to Shanghai, intra-China airfare, one night's hotel, nine-day cruise and tours. Taxes are $175 extra. Priced separately, the cruise would be $1,400 and the international airfare $1,200. Info: 800-900-2446, http://www.ritztours.com/ .
· Take a cruise on Uniworld's new ship, the River Royale, in France between Oct. 11 and Nov. 1 and receive free round-trip airfare from Dulles or BWI . Rates start at $2,098 per person double for the Nov. 1 departure, a savings of $750. The seven-night cruise on the Rhone and Saone rivers travels through Provence and Burgundy. Port charges are $84 extra. Book by April 30. Info: 800-733-7820, http://www.uniworld.com/ .AIR
· Fly to Cologne, Germany, this spring from Dulles with a deal from Continental. The round-trip fare is $548 (plus $79 taxes). Travel Monday-Thursday, departing May 10-31 and returning within a month of departure. Seven-day advance purchase required. Fare on other airlines starts at $774. Info: 800-231-0856, http://www.continental.com/ .
· US Airways , which is starting service from Philadelphia to Stockholm , has discounted fares for travel June 3-30. The round-trip fare is $599 (plus $74 taxes); fare on other airlines starts at $972. Purchase by March 27. Info: 800-622-1015, http://www.usairways.com/ .
· United (800-538-2929, http://www.united.com/ ) is offering introductory fares on new nonstop service from Dulles to Halifax and Vancouver . Round-trip fare to Halifax June 8-July 15 is $351; Vancouver fare, good May 4-July 15, is $439. Buy by April 5.PACKAGES
· A seven-night "Discovery of Northern Italy" tour is $1,399 per person with a deal from FIT Tours. The package includes round-trip air from Dulles to Bologna; three nights in Bologna; four nights in Northern Tuscany; four-day car rental; buffet breakfasts; airport transfers; and several extras, including a bus tour of Bologna. Departures are on May 11, 18 and 25; book by April 15. Taxes are $85 extra. Priced separately, air and hotel alone would cost about $1,613. Info: 800-248-3487, http://www.fittours.com/ .
· An eight-night trip to Egypt is $1,510 per person double for the April 27 and May 18 departures, a savings of $150 per couple. The escorted Djoser trip includes round-trip air from Washington to Cairo; six nights at four-star hotels in Cairo, Aswan and Luxor; two overnight first-class train trips; and tour guide. Taxes are $225 extra. Priced separately, air and hotel alone would cost at least $1,740 per person. Info: 877-356-7376, http://www.djoserusa.com/ .
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.