Sunday, April 2, 2006
· Spend three nights at the Ocean Edge Resort & Club in Cape Cod, Mass ., before April 30 and pay for two . The package, which includes breakfast, now starts at $588 for two, plus $116 in taxes and an $18 per-night resort fee. Usual room-only rate starts at $290 a night. Info: 800-343-6074, http://www.oceanedge.com/ .
· Book a rental car for at least five consecutive days with Budget and receive a free National Geographic family gift pack . The goodies, worth about $38, include a backpack, two issues of National Geographic Kids, one issue of National Geographic Traveler, map, games, stickers, postcards and geography flashcards. Register for the promotion at http://www.budget.com/familypack , print out the coupon and present it at the pick-up counter. Deal is good through May 19; package also includes a $15 coupon for a future weekly rental.
· Swissote l is offering introductory rates of $99 a night at its new hotel in Ankara, Turkey , May 1-Aug. 31. Rate will start at $160 after the introductory period expires. Taxes are 18 percent extra. Book at 800-637-9477, http://www.swissotel.com/ .SEA
· Save $2,000 per couple off the brochure rate on a "Cities and Canals of Holland and Belgium" cruise package from Overseas Adventure Travel, which specializes in trips for the 50-plus crowd. For May and June departures, the price now starts at $2,295 per person double, including round-trip air from Dulles or BWI, two nights' hotel and a seven-night barge cruise. Book by April 30; air taxes are an additional $255. Info: 800-248-3737, http://www.oattravel.com/ .
· Royal Caribbean is offering deals for third and fourth passengers in a stateroom, with prices ranging from $99 to $169 (usual prices are $499 to $699). For example, on an Aug. 26 seven-night Caribbean cruise out of Miami aboard Navigator of the Seas, the first two passengers pay $849 each for an interior stateroom, and the third and fourth passengers pay $149 each. Taxes for a group of four are $239. The deal applies to more than 130 cruises in 2006; book by April 9. Info: 866-562-7625, http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ .
· Save $100 per person on wilderness kayaking trips in British Columbia 's Inside Passage. Sea Kayak Adventures is offering the six-day kayaking trip for $1,499 per person double for the June 26, July 3 and July 10 departures. The trip includes lodging at God's Pocket Resort on Hurst Island, kayaks, boat transport from Port Hardy to the resort, meals, guides and kayaking instruction. Info: 800-616-1943, http://www.seakayakadventures.com/ .AIR
· Royal Air Maroc is offering sale fares on its nonstop flights between New York and Casablanca . Fare is $499 round trip (plus $161 taxes); fare on other airlines starts at $787 from New York and $1,042 from Washington. Travel May 17-June 12 and purchase by May 1. Info: 800-344-6726, http://www.royalairmaroc.com/eng .
· ATA has sale fares to cities across the United States . For example, fly round trip from Reagan National to Kansas City for $160; fare on other airlines starts at $203. Complete travel by June 30; blackout dates apply. Purchase seven days in advance; travel days vary by destination. Book at http://www.ata.com/ by April 3 or pay $5 more at 800-I-FLY-ATA.PACKAGES
· A three-night TourCrafters trip to Nice, France , for travel May 9-24 starts at $771 per person double. Package includes round-trip air from Washington Dulles, three nights at the two-star Comfort Hotel Nice Vieux Port, breakfasts, and taxes and fuel surcharges. Priced separately, air is about $759 and the hotel $348, for a savings of about $324 per couple. Longer packages and upgraded hotels are also available at discounted rates. Info: 800-482-5995, http://www.tourcrafters.com/ .
· The exclusive 500-acre private island resort Turtle Island in Fiji , where nightly rates start at $1,975 per couple, is offering free airfare from Los Angeles and free seaplane transfers . The "Ticket to Paradise" promotion, worth about $3,072 per couple, applies to seven-night stays at the all-inclusive resort. Complete travel by May 11. Taxes are 12.5 percent extra. Info: 800-255-4347, http://www.turtlefiji.com/ .
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.