WHAT'S THE DEAL?
What's the Deal?
· Save at least 40 percent on a "Family Foursome" golf package at Woodloch Pines Resort in the Poconos . Available through June 16, the $495 package for two adults and two children includes accommodations in a Woodloch Springs guest home, dinner, breakfast, half-hour golf clinic and 18 holes of golf; usual price starts at $750. Info: 800-572-6658, http:/
· Tuscan Way has discounted its Italian cooking vacations by as much as $860 a week for travel April 1-Oct. 22. For example, a week at Villa Poggiarello in Tuscany is now $2,390 per person double (previous price was $3,250). The deal includes lodging, meals, wine, transfers, excursions, five cooking courses and taxes. Info: 800-766-2390, http:/
· Ritz-Carlton Resorts of Naples in Florida is offering discounted rates and resort credits June 1-Sept. 30. The "Summer Sand & Sun" package, including a deluxe room with coastal views, starts at $159 per night at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort and $199 at Ritz-Carlton Naples. Stay for at least three nights and receive a $100 resort credit that can be used at the resort's spa, restaurants or gift shops (five-night stays receive $200 and seven nights $300). Taxes are about $20 a night. Info: 800-241-3333, http:/
· The Delta Queen Steamboat Company is celebrating its spring 2007 return to New Orleans with reduced rates and free airfare . For example, a seven-night "Spring Pilgrimage" cruise on the Delta Queen from New Orleans to Memphis departing March 17 has been reduced by $642, to $1,498 per person double. Air from Washington -- worth about $253 -- is free. Taxes and fees are an extra $50. Info: 800-543-1949, http:/
· Children up to age 16 cruise free aboard Picasso Cruise's M/S Oceanic when sharing a cabin with two adults. The offer is good on seven-night Mediterranean cruises , except for high-season departures June 12-Sept. 11. Fare for the Barcelona to Monte Carlo itinerary starts at $759 per adult for April and May departures and drops to $599 in November and December. Additional port charges of $200 and fees of $80 apply to all passengers except infants. Info: 800-995-7997, http:/
· Carnival has promotional rates on its seven-night sailings aboard the Carnival Conquest from Galveston, Tex., to the Western Caribbean . Rates start at $529 per person double (brochure rates start at $1,669) for select sailings in September, October and November; taxes are another $36. Info: 888-CARNIVAL, http:/
· Fly from Los Angeles to Auckland with a deal from Air New Zealand. The round-trip fare is $761 , including taxes. Add a round-trip ticket from Washington to Los Angeles, currently about $324, and the total price is $1,085. From D.C., the fare would be about $1,354. Book at http:/
· United has sale fares to Hawaii . For example, fly round trip from Dulles to Honolulu for $625 including taxes. Other airlines are matching, but fare usually starts at $768. Purchase by April 12 and travel Monday-Thursday April 26-June 8. Fourteen-day advance purchase required. Buy at http:/
· Sceptre Tours's three-night "Royal Emerald Vacation " to Ireland is priced from $619 per person double for travel through May 31. The package includes round-trip air from Reagan National to Shannon; one night at the Clare Inn near Shannon, one night at any of 450 farmhouse B&Bs and one night at the five-star Glenlo Abbey in Galway with dinner. Breakfasts and car rental also included. Book by April 14. Taxes are about $101 extra. Priced separately, air and lodging alone would cost about $800 per person. Info: 800-221-0924, http:/
· Book a Pleasant Holidays package to Hawaii through a Carlson Wagonlit travel agency this month and receive $100 in spending money and discounted packages . For example, a five-night deal to Oahu for travel Aug. 23-Dec. 7 starts at $1,055 per person double, including air from Washington, lodging at ResortQuest Waikiki Sunset and transfers; taxes are about $56 extra. Priced separately, room and air alone would cost about $1,212 per person. Info: 800-CARLSON, http:/
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.