Sunday, June 4, 2006
· TravelCell is offering a free weeklong phone rental for overseas trips (request promo WPFW) or a free second phone for any length trip (promo WP06). A phone typically rents for $29.99 per week. Calls are extra, although incoming calls are free in many countries, including England Germany, France and Japan. Book by June 30 for use by Dec. 31. Info: 877-CELL-PHONE, http://www.travelcell.com/ .
· The Inn at Palmetto Bluff, a luxury 50-cottage resort in South Carolina, is offering a third night free for visits June 1-Aug. 30, a savings of at least $450. Deal is good through Aug. 30. Taxes are an extra 10 percent (5 percent for third night), and the resort fee is $25 per night. Info: 866-706-6565, http://www.palmettobluffresort.com/ .
· C Lazy U Guest Ranch is celebrating the Fourth of July with a free fourth night for guests checking in June 29 or 30, or July 1 or 2. The average rate per person at the all-inclusive guest ranch in Granby, Colo., is $425 a night; a family of four saves $1,700. Info: 970-887-3344, http://www.clazyu.com/ .SEA
· Book a "Whales & Wildlife" cruise with Cruise West by July 28 and get $250 off per person (pay in full by July 28 and receive an extra $50 per person discount). The deal is good on several late-2006 and early-2007 departures of the seven-night cruise sailing from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, to the Sea of Cortes . Per person double rates start at $2,299 (Jan. 6 departure) before the discount. Info: 888-851-8133, http://www.cruisewest.com/ .
· Globus has discounts of $250 per person on several 2006 European river cruise itineraries that include round-trip airfare. For example, a "Romantic Rhine" cruise, with flight departing Washington on Nov. 4, is $2,597 per person double, including taxes, for a Category B cabin. The cruise aboard the 164-passenger Avalon Tapestry travels between Basel, Switzerland, and Amsterdam. Book by Aug. 31. Info: 866-755-8581, http://www.globusjourneys.com/ .
· If you can get to the Galapagos Islands by June 10, Ocean Adventures of Ecuador has 50 percent savings for the second passenger sharing a deluxe cabin on the 48-passenger Eclipse. Fare on the weeklong cruise starts at $3,300 for the first person, $1,650 for the second. Deal includes shore excursions. Park fees of $100 per person are extra. Info: 877-262-3496, http://www.oceanadventures.com.ec/ .AIR
· Fly from New York to Manchester, England, this summer for $429 round trip (plus $102 taxes). Delta has the sale fares for travel departing by July 31 and returning by Aug. 31; the deal is not valid for return from Manchester July 21-Aug. 1. Fare on other airlines starts at $714. Purchase by June 9 at http://www.delta.com/ or pay $10 more at 800-221-1212.
· American has sale fares from all three area airports to Osaka, Japan. Round-trip fare is $821, plus $91 taxes; other airlines are matching. Deal is good for Monday-Thursday travel departing July 1-Aug. 31 and returning by Nov. 29. Purchase by June 14 at http://www.aa.com/ or pay $10 more at 800-433-7300.PACKAGES
· LanVacations has a five-night trip to Uruguay for $1,144 per person double (plus $109 taxes). The package includes round-trip air from Washington to Montevideo, five nights at the Balmoral Hotel, transfers, a half-day tour of Montevideo and breakfasts. Priced separately, air alone starts at $1,334. Book by June 8; cheapest prices available for Aug. 16-Dec. 9 travel. Info: 800-435-3593, http://www.lanvacations.com/ .
· A three-night getaway to Riviera Maya near Cancun, Mexico, is $529 for adults and $199 for children ages 2 to 5. Fare Deals Ltd. has the promotion for travel in July and August. Price includes nonstop round-trip air on United from Washington, transfers and lodging at the all-inclusive H10 Club El Mandarin. Taxes are an extra $106 each. Priced separately, air to Cancun in July is $563 and the hotel would cost about $882. Longer packages are also available. Info: 800-347-7006, http://www.faredeals.com/ .
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.