WHAT'S THE DEAL?
What's The Deal?
· Book a stay at Orlando World Center Marriott Resort at least 21 days in advance and room rates start at $169 a night, a savings of at least $70. Deal is good for travel through Sept. 6; one night and taxes of 11.5 percent must be paid by three days after booking. Info: 888-99-WORLD, http:/
· Eat your way through New York City during Summer Restaurant Weeks , July 10-14 and July 17-21. More than 200 restaurants will offer three-course prix-fixe lunch menus for $24.07 and/or dinners for $35. Beverages, tip and tax are extra. Participating restaurants include 21 Club, where dinner entrees typically start at $39, and Gramercy Tavern, where a prixe-fixe lunch is usually $36. Info: 212-484-1222, http:/
· Eight Divi Resorts located on six Caribbean islands are offering 20 percent off room rates for travel through Dec. 15. For example, a studio room at Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort in Aruba is $165 a night (plus $34 taxes); usual base rate starts at $207. Book by June 30. Info: 800-367-3484, http:/
· Take an R-rated adults-only "Pirates Week" cruise Aug. 13-19 aboard Windjammer 's Legacy or Polynesia and get a 30 percent discount off standard cabin rates. Both ships travel round trip from Antigua. Rates start at $840 per person double after discount; request code WAPO. Info: 800-327-2601, http:/
· Vantage Deluxe World Travel, which caters to mature travelers, is offering $100 round-trip airfare from Washington to Brussels, with return from Amsterdam, on its "Highlights of Holland & Belgium" tour. The trip, which departs Nov. 10, starts at $1,699 per person double (plus $210 taxes) and includes the $100 air, seven-night cruise aboard the 168-passenger River Odyssey, three nights at the Sheraton Brussels Hotel & Towers, 10 tours, 25 meals and transfers. For an extra $99 per person double, add two nights at the Renaissance Amsterdam hotel (rates usually start at $289 a night). Info: 800-322-6677, http:/
· Four guests sharing a cabin sail for the price of two with Costa's "Europe Sale." Choose from 36 sailings in July and August aboard eight ships. For example, a seven-night cruise to Greece and Croatia on the Costa Marina now starts at $2,467 for four, including taxes; usual price starts at $4,963. Costa info: http:/
· Fly from New York to Manila for $843 round trip (plus $62 taxes). Cathay Pacific's "Deal of the Month" is good for travel Sept. 1-30; purchase by June 30 at http:/
· MaxJet, an all-business-class airline, has sale fares from Washington Dulles to London Stansted for fall travel. The fare is $1,199 round trip (including taxes); usual fare starts at $1,749. Purchase by July 14 for travel Sept. 15-Nov. 10. Book at http:/
· Spend three nights in late summer and fall at the all-inclusive Sunset Jamaica Grande in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, for $1,287 per couple with a deal from Air Jamaica Vacations. The trip includes midweek round-trip air from Baltimore, transfers and taxes. Priced separately, the trip would cost about $811 per person; a couple saves $335. Book by June 30 and travel Aug. 27-Dec. 15. Info: 800-LOVEBIRD, http:/
· Spirit Vacations has a three-night "Go Wild Out West! " package to Los Angeles. Depart on a Tuesday from Reagan National Aug. 15-Dec. 12 and stay at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites for $543 per person double (including taxes). Priced separately, the package for travel in August would cost about $313 for air and $291 per night for hotel, for a savings of about $412 per couple. Info: 800-617-3325, http:/
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.