What's the Deal?
What's the Deal?
· Pay for three nights at Cheeca Lodge & Spa in Islamorada, Fla., and get a fourth night free . Check in Sunday or Monday by July 31; room rates start at $199 a night, plus $39 per night resort fee and 11.5 percent tax. Fourth night is rebated at checkout. Info: 866-591-7625, http:/
· Esencia, a new luxury beachfront hotel in Mexico's Riviera Maya , has a five-night "Family Fun in the Sun" package with discounts of more than 30 percent . Two adults and one child under age 12 pay $1,725 for a deal that includes a garden suite with plunge pool, daily breakfast and transfers. Nightly room-only rates usually start at $475, and airport transfers typically cost $180 per family. Deal is good through August. Info: 877-528-3490, http:/
· Kids travel free on VIA Rail Canada this summer. Through Sept. 15, a passenger over age 18 purchasing a senior, student or adult ticket can take along a child age 2 to 11 on any VIA train systemwide. For example, round-trip fare for an adult and child between Toronto and Quebec now starts at about $193; adult and child fare usually starts at $290. Info: 888-842-7245, http:/
· Singles traveling on RiverBarge Excursions' " Expanding Frontiers " cruise pay a reduced single suppleme n t on the Nov. 5-10 itinerary from Louisville to Nashville, and the Nov. 10-17 cruise round trip from Nashville. The shorter cruise, for example, starts at $1,675 per single; usual rate starts at $2,010. Also, each cabin receives a $100 onboard credit to use for alcohol and gift shop purchases. Info: 888-GO-BARGE, http:/
· Go Barging is offering a discount of $650 per person on the Aug. 27 departure of the L'Impressionniste barge. The six-night cruise on the Rhone River through the South of France now starts at $3,300 per person double. Info: 800-394-8630, http:/
· Four cruise for the price of two on the Dec. 18 departure of MSC Cruises' Lirica from Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Starting rate for the first two passengers for an inside cabin is $1,309 each (including taxes and port charges); the third and fourth guests sharing the same cabin pay taxes of $59 per person. Book the 11-night Caribbean cruise at 800-666-9333 or through a travel agent. MSC Cruises info: http:/
· SAS Scandinavian Airlines has 60th anniversary Web sale fares from Dulles to four cities in Scandinavia for fall and holiday travel. For example, round-trip fare for a nonstop flight to Copenhagen is $598 (plus $80 taxes); fare on other airlines starts at $781. Deal is good for travel departing Sept. 1-Oct. 29 and Dec. 14-23; 30-day maximum stay. Book by June 30. Purchase at http:/
· Delta has introductory fares on nonstop service between New York and Accra, Ghan a , scheduled to begin Dec. 11. The round-trip fare is $827 (plus $74 taxes); fare on other airlines for connecting service starts at $1,591. Purchase at http:/
· Ritz Tours has a deal on its "Beijing & Shanghai in a Week" package. For $1,349 per person double (plus $180 taxes), you get round-trip air from Washington to Beijing with return from Shanghai, one-way air from Beijing to Shanghai, two nights at the New Otani hotel in Beijing, two nights at the Regal East Asia hotel in Shanghai, seven meals, motorcoach transport and guides. Depart Mondays from July 10 to Aug. 28. Priced separately, air alone would cost about $1,672. Info: 800-900-2446, http:/
· A winter package to Venice, Italy, with round-trip air from New York, four nights at the three-star Hotel Gardena and breakfasts is priced at $499 per person double, plus about $220 taxes and fuel surcharges. The deal from Central Holidays is good for travel Nov. 1-March 31. Priced separately, airfare in November is about $680 and the hotel is about $239 a night. Info: 800-935-5000, http:/
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.