WHAT'S THE DEAL?
What's the Deal?
· The online search engine Rentalo, which lists vacation rentals around the world, has added special rates on late summer and fall properties in 100 destinations. For example, a two-bedroom condo in Kissimmee, Fla., near Disney World, is going for $69 a night for a three-night minimum stay -- a 42 percent reduction. Valid through Dec. 16. Info: 877-710-5914, http:/
· The Lodge and Spa at Cordillera, a RockResort overlooking Vail Valley in Colorado, is taking 30 percent off its fall golf packages. The promotion, which is $426 per person double Sept. 5-30 and $386 Oct. 1-31, includes two nights' lodging, a round of golf per person, one couples massage and dinner for two. Taxes of 11 percent are extra. Typically, a room starts at $199 a night and a round of golf for two is $300. Info: 866-650-7625, http:/
· Families bunking at select Williamsburg hotels can receive free tickets to the Colonial Williamsburg Historic Area, plus a fourth night on the house. To nab the Williamsburg Hotel Guest Pass, valid for the family's entire stay, spend at least three nights at any official Colonial Williamsburg hotel; the Governor's Inn, for one, starts at $59 a night. Complete stay by Sept. 30. A similar pass costs $59 per adult, $29 for kids. Info: 800-HISTORY, http:/
· Silversea Cruises is taking 10 to 50 percent off the published rates of its Silver Sailings cruises. The Singapore to Hong Kong cruise on Jan. 5, for example, is half-off, costing $2,997 per person double (port charges are an extra $275). Price is good until the cabins are sold out. Info: 877-760-9052, http:/
· With Triprest.com, spend Halloween cruising around the Bahamas for less than $100, not including surcharges. The four-night Royal Caribbean trip, departing Miami Oct. 30, is running $90 for the Majesty of the Seas cruise, plus $141 in fees and taxes. The total fare: $231 per person double -- cheaper than the usual cruise-only fare of $239. Info: 800-758-5693, http:/
· Get a head start on your holiday shopping -- plus save 50 percent -- on a cruise to Christmas markets in Austria and Germany. Gutsy Women Travel, which targets female travelers, has paired with Gate 1 Travel to offer the five-night MS Viktoria Danube River cruise, departing Dec. 9. The $999-per-person double rate includes round-trip air from New York to Vienna, with a return from Munich; meals; tours; and transfers. Add $208 in port charges and fees, plus $142 for D.C. departures. For savings, the flight alone costs $625, and the cruise usually goes for $1,000. Info: 866-IM-GUTSY, http:/
· AirTran has begun a fall and winter sale to all of its destinations. For example, fly from Reagan National to Atlanta for $179 (including taxes). Book by Sept. 19, travel by Feb. 1. Ten-day advance purchase required; travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays for lowest fares. Other airlines are charging about $200 to Atlanta. Info: 800-247-8726, http:/
· Air Pacific has extended its sale fares from Los Angeles to Fiji and Sydney , plus added some new destinations. The fare from LAX to Fiji costs $748 (plus $236 taxes), and $848 for Australia (plus $291) or New Zealand (add $250). Book by Sept. 15; travel by Dec. 10. Other carriers charge about $1,200 to Sydney. Info: 800-227-4446, http:/
· Fly to select European cities this fall with reduced fares from Austrian Airlines. For instance, travel from Dulles to Prague for $727 round trip (vs. the usual $860 fare) or to Vienna for $711 (vs. about $800), including taxes. Book by Sept. 28; travel by Oct. 31. Info: 800-843-0002, http:/
· United Vacations has a six-night deal to Guatemala starting at $759 per person double -- about $100 more than typical airfare to the country. The deal includes air from Dulles to Guatemala City and round-trip flight between Guatemala City and Tikal; four nights' lodging in Guatemala City and two in Tikal; and transfers. Travel midweek by Dec. 7. Up to $106 in taxes additional. Info: 800-328-6877, http:/
· The Malaysia Tourism Board has teamed with Gobundle.com for a combo deal to Malaysia and Vietnam. The five-night package includes air from Newark to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and to Hanoi or Saigon; three nights, dinner and a tour in Kuala Lumpur; two nights in either Vietnamese cities, plus lunch and tour; breakfasts. etc. Cost is $988 per person double through Nov. 30. Add up to $296 in taxes. By contrast, flights from Newark to Malaysia are more than $1,100. Info: 866-462- 8635, http:/
-- Andrea Sachs
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.