WHAT'S THE DEAL?
What's the Deal?
· Pay for one night's lodging and get the second free during October at Fisher's Loft, a rural inn on Trinity Bay in Newfoundland. The two-night package, which includes breakfasts and dinners, is about $297 for two; usual price is about $399. Taxes are 15 percent extra. Info: 877-464-3240, http:/
· Make your travel reservations by Sept. 30 to stay at Radisson Aruba Resort & Casino this winter and save 30 percent. The "Early Winter Sale" rates start at $289 per night Jan. 7-Feb. 8 and April 1-14, and $299 a night Feb. 9-March 31. Also, stay at least five nights and receive a food and beverage credit of $150 per room. Book at 800-333-3333, http:/
· Been married for 50 years or longer ? Pay $11 -- the rate that was charged 50 years ago -- for a night's lodging at New York's Hotel Pennsylvania when you stay a second night at the regular rate, which starts at about $218 a night. Sales tax is 13.625 percent plus $3.50 per night per room. Book at 800-223-8585. Info: http:/
· Book a 17-night transatlantic cruise on Princess Cruises' Grand Princess through icruise.com starting at $899 per person double for an inside cabin. The deal, a savings of about $600 per person, is good on the Nov. 1 sailing from Barcelona to Galveston, Tex. Taxes are about $44 extra. Info: 866-9-ICRUISE, http:/
· Oceania Cruises has two-for-one fares and free round-trip air on a transatlantic cruise and several Mediterranean cruises in March and April. Fare on the 14-night cruise from Miami to Marseille, France, for example, starts at $1,299 per person double, which includes air from D.C. to Miami with return from Marseille. Priced separately, air alone would cost at least $1,117. Cruise taxes are an extra $266; air taxes are $179. Info: 800-531-5619, http:/
· Two couples sail for the price of one on select MSC Cruises' Caribbean and Panama cruises aboard the MSC Lirica. For example, on the 11-night Panama itinerary, with departures from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Nov. 26 and Jan. 9, the fare for four people occupying two staterooms starts at $575 per person plus $59 taxes. Book by Oct. 15. Info: 800-666-9333, http:/
· Cathay Pacific's "Deal of the Month" includes sale fares from New York's JFK to Hong Kong; Manila; Colombo, Sri Lanka; Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; and Taipei, Taiwan. For example, the round-trip fare to Hong Kong is $739 (plus about $122 taxes); fare on other airlines starts at about $914. Depart Monday-Thursday Nov. 1-30; purchase no later than Sept. 30 at http:/
· Air Tahiti Nui has sale fares from New York's JFK to Sydney and Auckland. Round-trip fare to Sydney is $888 (plus about $123 taxes); fare to Auckland is about $788 (plus $69 taxes). One stopover in Tahiti is included; stopover tax of about $25 is extra. Book by Sept. 26 and travel Sept. 18-Dec. 8. Info: 877-824-4846, http:/
· Icelandair has a "Hippie Express" package Oct. 7-14 to Reykjavik, Iceland, and England's Liverpool and Manchester. The trip, which celebrates the "music and mania that made the '60s a decade that rocked the world," includes round-trip air from BWI to Reykjavik; round-trip air between Reykjavik and Manchester; round-trip train between Manchester and Liverpool; six nights' hotel; breakfasts; bonfire and lobster feast; and entrance fees to various attractions. Cost is $799 per person plus about $150 taxes; priced separately, transportation and hotel alone would cost $1,278. Info: 410-715-5152, http:/
· Get a $750 per couple discount on select international Backroads trips, and $500 discounts on domestic tours. The deal is good on select trips in California, Vermont, Hawaii, Italy, Spain and Portugal and Belize, with departures through December. For example a five-night wine country biking trip through California's Sonoma and Napa valleys, with four departures in October and November, starts at $2,398 per person double after discount. Book by Sept. 30. Info: 800-462-2848, http:/
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.