The Corporate Equality Index
The Human Rights Campaign's index rated companies on a scale of 0 to 100 on several items. Some criteria:
· A written nondiscrimination policy covering sexual orientation.
· Nondiscrimination policy including gender identity or expression.
· Diversity training that includes sexual orientation and gender identity.
· At least one transgender wellness benefit, such as counseling by a mental health professional, pharmacy benefits including hormone therapy or medical visits to monitor the effects of hormone therapy.
· Domestic-partner benefits.
· Parity in COBRA, dental, vision and dependent coverage.
· Parity in at least three other domestic-partner benefits. For example: leave similar to that under the Family and Medical Leave Act, bereavement leave, supplemental life insurance and retiree health-care benefits.
· Company-sponsored resource group for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) employees, or firmwide diversity council that can address GLBT issues.
· Appropriate and respectful advertising to the GLBT community.
· Rejection of any activities that would undermine the goal of equal rights for GLBT people.