WHAT'S THE DEAL?
What's the Deal?
· Save $1,000 per person on a 12-night African safari. The Kenya Safari Explorer trip, offered by Wildlife Safari, starts at $3,350 per person double for the Dec. 18 or Dec. 25 trips. The trip includes accommodations at six lodges and one hotel, most meals, domestic flight, land transfers, escorted game viewing and park fees. International airfare is extra. Info: 800-221-8118, http:/
· BritRail has 25 percent discounts on its rail passes for travel Nov. 1-Feb. 28. For example, a standard BritRail Flexipass, good for four days of travel in a two-month period, is $207 (high-season price is $275). Purchase by Dec. 31 at 866-274-8724, http:/
· Cromwell Manor Inn, a historic bed-and-breakfast in New York's Hudson Valley, has a holiday package. Stay for two nights at regular price Dec. 22-Jan. 2 and pay half-price for subsequent nights . Rooms start at $165 a night; discount is rebated at billing confirmation. Taxes are about 8 percent extra. Details: 845-534-7136, http:/
· A seven-night Western Caribbean cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line's Norwegian Majesty departing Charleston, S.C., on Jan. 27 starts at $429 per person double (plus about $74 taxes), a savings of about $570. Book by today by calling 800-327-7030; request promo SD1. Cruise info: http:/
· Get half off a Silversea cruise between Singapore and Hong Kong aboard the Silver Whisper. The nine-day "Spirit of the South China Sea" cruise, departing Jan. 5, starts at $2,997 per person double plus about $275 port charges and taxes. Info: 877-215-9986, http:/
· Save 20 percent on select Caribbean cruises with American Canadian Caribbean Line . Three 11-night itineraries are offered -- two from Belize City, Belize, and one from Nassau, Bahamas -- with four departures January through March . Price starts at $2,500 per person double, a savings of $625. Info: 800-556-7450, http:/
· Emirates Airlines has extended its deadline to buy sale fares on its new nonstop service between New York and Hamburg ; deal includes free hotel or car rental . Purchase the $425 round-trip fare, which includes taxes, by Oct. 31. Fare, which must be purchased seven days in advance, applies to Monday-Thursday travel commencing by Nov. 30 or Jan. 8-Feb. 28. Economy passengers get a free night at the Hamburg Marriott (worth about $306) or a three-day Audi car rental (value about $312). Info: 800-777-3999, http:/
· Lufthansa has a sale on business-class fares to Europe . For example, the round-trip fare from Dulles to Marseille, France, is $2,687, including taxes, for midweek travel; other airlines are matching, but the fare is typically at least $6,000. Purchase by Oct. 27 and depart Nov. 18-25 or Dec. 16-Jan. 7; complete travel by Feb. 7. Info: 800-399-5838, http:/
· Go to Malta for seven nights starting at $1,349 per person double (plus $135 taxes). The cheapest price applies to the Jan. 12 departure ; other departures December-March are slightly higher. The trip, offered by Foreign Independent Tours, includes round-trip airfare from Washington Dulles, three nights at the Radisson SAS Golden Sands Resort & Spa in Malta, four nights at the Hotel Calypso in Gozo, breakfasts and transfers. Priced separately, it would cost at least $300 more per couple. Info: 800-248-3487, http:/
· Book an air-hotel package of at least three nights at Cheaptickets.com to any of seven cities -- New York, Boston, Miami, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco or San Juan -- and get the usual package deal discounts plus an automatic $100 reduction . For example, a recent search for a three-night weekend trip to San Francisco in mid-November, with round-trip air on nonstop United flights from Dulles and lodging at the Argent Hotel, came to $1,139 per couple after the $100 discount; priced separately, the same package came to $1,731. Book by Nov. 5 and travel by Dec. 15; use promotion code BIGCITY. Info: 888-922-8849, http:/
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.