First 100 Hours
Democratic leaders in the House have promised to pass several items on their legislative agenda in their first 100 hours in power. They include:
· Implementing the recommendations of the 9/11 commission.
· Raising the minimum wage.
· Halving the interest rate on college student loans.
· Rolling back subsidies to big oil companies.
· Stopping any privatization of Social Security.
· Committing to no new deficit spending.
· Authorizing the federal government to negotiate lower drug prices for Medicare.