Where to Shop
Local produce, meats and other items are available at the area's many farmers markets and stores.
YEAR-ROUND FARMERS MARKETS
· Alexandria: 301 King St. (Market Square), 703-838-4770, 703-838-5006; 5-11 a.m. Saturdays.
· Arlington Courthouse: North Courthouse Road and North 14th Street (courthouse parking lot), 703-228-6423, email@example.com, http:/
· Dupont Circle FreshFarm Market: 20th and Q streets NW, 202-362-8889, http:/
· Falls Church: 300 Park Ave. (City Hall parking lot), 703-248-5077 (Howard Herman), http:/
· Great Frederick: East Patrick Street (fairgrounds), 301-663-5895 (Robert Fogle); 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays.
· Montgomery Farm Women's Cooperative Market: 7155 Wisconsin Ave., Bethesda, 301-652-2291; 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Fridays.
· Takoma Park: Old Town section of Laurel Avenue between Eastern and Carroll avenues, http:/
OTHER FARMERS MARKETS OPEN FOR THANKSGIVING SHOPPING
· Adams Morgan: Columbia Road and 18th Street NW, 301-587-2248, 717-573-4527 (farm, Mike Taber), firstname.lastname@example.org, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays until Dec. 23.
· Chevy Chase: 5701 Broad Branch Rd. (Lafayette School parking lot), 304-229-7222; 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays until Nov. 25.