AARP Income Tax Help Available to All
The AARP is offering free help with tax returns to anyone who needs it at several locations from Feb. 1 through April 16.
Membership is not required, and you do not have to be retired to use AARP TaxAide, a program offered in conjunction with the IRS. Special attention will be given to those 60 and older.
Volunteers are trained in tax preparation and certified by the IRS, and all returns will be filed electronically.
For more information, a list of locations and operating hours, call 888-AARPNOW.
Here are the locations and hours for walk-in help:
· Mason District Government Center, 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale. From 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays; from 1 to 8 p.m. Thursdays and from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
· Sherwood Regional Library, 2501 Sherwood Hall Lane, Alexandria. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays and 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
· Sun Trust Bank of Vienna, 515 Maple Ave. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekdays.
· Centreville Regional Library, 14200 St Germaine Dr. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays and Saturdays and from 1 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays.
· Reston Community Center, 2310 Colts Neck Rd. From 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Saturdays and from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays.