WHAT'S THE DEAL?
What's the Deal?
· The Alexandra, a resort in the Turks and Caicos Islands, is offering every other night free on stays of at least three nights through Feb. 28. Stay for three nights, get one free; stay for four, get two free; stay for a week, get the next week free. A superior ocean-view room usually starts at $396 per night (including 10 percent taxes and 10 percent resort fees); seven nights are now $1,584. Info: 800-284-0699, http:/
· The Millennium Alaskan Hotel in Anchorage has a promotional package for the start of the Iditarod sled race. Price for two people is $626 (including 12 percent taxes) for two nights' lodging, breakfasts, transportation to and from the race start on March 3 and access to the Musher's Champagne Toast event. Additional nights are $168 (including taxes); room alone usually starts at about $223 a night (including taxes). Priced separately, the deal would cost about $100 more per couple. Info: 800-544-0553, http:/
· Buy a Eurail Select Pass before March 31 and get a free day of rail travel. Deal is good on 6-, 8- and 10-day Eurail Select Passes. Prices vary based on number of countries and days. For example, a six-day pass to three countries is $445 and includes a free seventh day of travel. Travelers have up to six months from date of purchase to begin traveling, and a two-month period to use their rail pass. Purchase at http:/
· Save up to $300 per couple on select Uniworld Grand River Cruises throughout Europe. For example, a nine-night package in Portugal, including two nights' hotel in Lisbon and seven nights of cruising on the Douro River, is $2,567 per person double after a discount of $150 per person for select sailings in June and July; the price includes $419 in taxes, fees and port charges. Book by March 31. Info: 800-733-7820, http:/
· Value World Tours is offering savings of $300 per person on a spring sailing of the 90-passenger MS Kleine Prinz from Vienna to Bucharest. The 10-night Danube River cruise departs April 28; after savings, fare per person double starts at $1,859 (including $160 port taxes and fuel surcharges). Daily sightseeing is included. Info: 800-795-1633, http:/
· Holland America has discounted its nine-night "Southern Caribbean and Panama Canal Sunfarer" cruises. The fare on the April 2 sailing starts at $1,152 per person double (including $203 taxes). The cruise aboard the Volendam, which sails round trip from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., visits the Bahamas, Aruba, Curacao, Panama and Costa Rica. Brochure rate is $1,802 per person including taxes. Cruise info: http:/
· Southwest has a systemwide sale. Purchase at http:/
· Singapore Airlines' Southeast Asia Air Pass, which includes round-trip air from New York to Singapore plus round-trip flights from Singapore to three cities, is now $1,699 plus taxes, which vary by travel itinerary. Travelers can choose from 26 destinations in Asia, including Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. All travel must be booked and completed by May 31; maximum stay is 45 days. Info: http:/
· Delta Vacations has a "Companion Flies Free" promo on packages to Europe and Costa Rica; last day to book is Feb. 12. Travel to Costa Rica by Aug. 31 and to Europe by May 18. Travelers to Costa Rica, for example, have a choice of 11 resorts (minimum five-night stay). A five-night package in early May to the Allegro Papagayo Resort near Liberia, Costa Rica, for example, is $1,859 per couple including taxes; priced separately, the deal would cost about $2,706. Details: 800-872-7786, http:/
· Vacation Europe has sale fares on winter packages to London, Rome, Paris and Dublin. For example, fly round trip from Washington Dulles to Rome on British Airways and stay for three nights at the Porta Maggiore Hotel in Rome for $747 per person double, including $268 taxes and fuel surcharge. Priced separately, deal would cost about $188 more per couple. Lowest prices are for midweek travel. Booking deadline is Feb. 15; travel by March 25. Info: 800-780-2202, http:/
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.