If You Don't Like What You See . . .

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Q What if I don't like the assessment I get in the mail, don't think it's fair or have other questions?

A Questions may be addressed to the county's Department of Tax Administration at 703-222-8234 or through http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpa. Appeals must be filed by April 6. Applications to appeal are available by calling the department or can be downloaded from the Web site. How do I know how my assessment compares with that of others?

The county has a list of residential sales within each assessment neighborhood online. If you have questions about the list, call the DTA.

What if I want to let county supervisors know what I think about the proposed budget?

There will be a series of town meetings to give residents a chance to ask questions and discuss concerns. So far, the schedule includes:

· 7 p.m. Tuesday at Braddock Hall, 9002 Burke Lake Rd., Burke. 703-425-9300, TTY 711.

· 7:30 p.m. March 19, McLean Governmental Center, Community Room, 1437 Balls Hill Rd. 703-356-0551, TTY 711.

· 7 p.m. March 20, Southgate Community Center, 12125 Pinecrest Rd., Reston. 703-478-0283, TTY 703-736-4460.

CONTINUED     1        >

© 2007 The Washington Post Company