Cleanup Day Along Potomac
The Fairfax County Park Authority plans its annual Potomac Watershed Cleanup from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
The Park Authority and the Fairfax Watershed Network are recruiting individuals, families, students, Scout troops and community groups to participate at 100 sites around Northern Virginia, including seven Park Authority sites. Volunteers will be issued trash bags and should wear gloves, old clothes and sturdy shoes. Visit http:/
To reserve a section of the watershed at a Fairfax County Park Authority site, please contact the site directly. Advance registration is required.
· Frying Pan Park, 703-437-9101 (Frying Pan Branch)
· Hidden Oaks Nature Center, 703-941-1065 (Annandale District Park -- Coon Branch)
· Hidden Pond Nature Center, 703-451-9588 (Pohick Creek)
· Huntley Meadows Park, 703-768-2525 (Little Hunting Creek)
· Lake Accotink Park, 703-569-0285 (Accotink Creek)
· Riverbend Visitor Center, 703-759-9018 (Potomac River)
· Sully Historic Site, 703-437-1794 (Cain's Branch)
· Walney Visitor Center in Ellanor C. Lawrence Park, 703-631-0013, (repeated 1 to 3 p.m.)