American Grandstand, A Dan Snyder Production
Redskins owner Daniel Snyder acquired Dick Clark's TV company Tuesday for $175 million. So how will Snyder incorporate Dick Clark Productions' many programs into his growing sports-and-entertainment empire? Imagine the possibilities:
· "American Bandstand" dancers replaced by Hogettes.
· Snyder busts the Golden Globes salary cap by hiring high-priced, free-agent celebrity presenters away from Oscars, Grammys.
· New Snyder-inspired TV show launched: "So You Think You Can Coach."
· $75,000-a-pop luxury boxes added at the base of Times Square ball for "New Year's Rockin' Eve."
· "American Bandstand" songs no longer clearly audible in most parts of the Washington area.
· "Greatest TV Bloopers" replaced by recent Redskin highlights (actually, not a significant change).
· New made-for-TV competition: "The Potomac River Lumberjack Challenge."
-- Style staff