WHAT'S THE DEAL?
What's the Deal?
· Pay for a Friday or Saturday night stay at the Magnolia Hotel in Omaha and get the second night free. The Summer of Love special, good through Labor Day weekend, starts at $119 (plus 16 percent tax). Those who can stay for only one night will receive a gift certificate good for a future weekend night's stay that can be used through 2008 (a few blackout dates apply). Rate includes continental breakfast and late-night cookies and milk. Book at 877-444-5440. Hotel info: http:/
· A dive package at Voyages Hotels and Resorts' Heron Island property, on a coral cay on Australia's Great Barrier Reef, has been discounted for stays through Aug. 31. The five-night package, which includes lodging, breakfasts and five dives to the Heron or Wistari reefs, starts at about $768 per person double. Priced separately, a room with breakfast would cost about $821 and the dive package an extra $225, for a savings of about $556 per couple. Book through a travel agent or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Request promo code DS. Resort info: http:/
· Organic Tuscany's Farm to Table has reduced by 10 percent its Sept. 29-Oct. 5 organic cooking course. Cost is now $1,439 per person double and includes lodging in the Tuscan village of Il Pino, Italy, about 40 minutes by car from Florence; four cooking classes; visits to organic farms; most meals and wine; and excursions to Florence and Siena. Airfare is extra. Info: 347-417-5907, http:/
· General Tours is doubling the discount on its Splendid Waterways of the Czars cruise to members of AARP or AAA. Members of both organizations typically enjoy per-person savings of $140 and $150, respectively, on any small-ship cruise in Europe, Russia or Egypt. However, for trips booked July 30-Aug. 4, AARP members will receive $280 off the seven-night cruise aboard the Volga Dream between Moscow and St. Petersburg, and AAA members will receive $300 off. AAA members must book through an AAA agent. Price before discount starts at $1,799 per person double including taxes; cruise operates May-September 2008. Info: 800-221-2216, http:/
· Take a six-night barge cruise through the Burgundy region of France departing Sept. 2 and receive a discount of 34 percent from French Country Waterways. Post-discount price on the nine-stateroom Esprit is $3,200 per person double and includes meals, estate-bottled wines, open bar, sightseeing, bicycles and transfers between Paris and the barge. Info: 781-934-2454, http:/
· Seabourn has 50 percent discounts on several Caribbean sailings in November and December aboard the Seabourn Pride. For example, a seven-night Yachtsman's Caribbean cruise departing Bridgetown, Barbados, on Nov. 24 now starts at $2,613 per person double (plus about $62 taxes); the ship stops at a different island every day. Info: 800-929-9391, http:/
· New airline Virgin America is offering introductory fares on nonstop service from Washington Dulles to San Francisco, scheduled to begin Sept. 26, and to Los Angeles, scheduled to start Oct. 24. Fare to either city is about $258 round trip (including taxes); other airlines are matching, but nonstop fares are typically about $445 round trip to San Francisco and $377 to Los Angeles. Buy by Aug. 8; travel through Nov. 14. Info: 877-359-8474, http:/