WHAT'S THE DEAL?
What's the Deal?
* Dream of Italy is offering a 10 percent discount to residents of metropolitan Washington on its Tuscany Visioning Retreat to Italy Oct. 21-27. The six-night trip includes accommodations at La Foce, an estate in southeastern Tuscany; group and individual life-coaching sessions; all meals; a day trip; and a cooking lesson. Cost after discount is $2,880 per person double, plus $125 to $150 for required travel insurance. Book by Sept. 7. Info: 202-237-0657, http:/
* Rancho de los Caballeros, a 20,000-acre guest ranch in Wickenburg, Ariz., is celebrating its 60th anniversary with $60 room rates (plus 22 percent taxes and fees) on Oct. 31, Nov. 30, and Dec. 15 and 16. The discounted rates are tied to several special events, including a Halloween costume contest at the ranch and performances at the Del E. Webb Center for the Performing Arts. Rates typically start at $400 a day, which includes meals (valued at about $60 per person per day); the $60 room rate does not include meals. Info: 800-684-5030, http:/
* The Reef Resort in Grand Cayman has launched a Hurricane Season Sale, with 25 percent off rooms, free room upgrades (when available) and complimentary Hurricane Eraser cocktail. After the discount, a studio starts at $154 a night (plus 10 percent tax) for stays through Nov. 30. (Thanksgiving blackout dates apply.) The beachfront resort also offers a generous hurricane guarantee. Book by Sept. 6, and request code DEAN. Info: 888-232-0541, http:/
* Lake Powell Resorts & Marinas has a Fall Into Savings special at Lake Powell, on the border of Utah and Arizona in the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. Rent a standard houseboat ranging from 46 to 54 feet for at least four days and receive a free day and a gas credit of up to $350. For example, a 46-foot Expedition that sleeps up to six is now $3,012 for a five-day rental, including $352 taxes and fees; usual price is $3,766. Deal is available Sept. 4-Oct. 31. Book at 888-486-4665, and request promo code NOPROB. Boat and marina info: http:/
* Take a seven-night Mediterranean cruise aboard the Costa Victoria next month and receive savings of up to 64 percent. For example, the Oct. 29 round-trip cruise from Civitavecchia near Rome, with stops in Sicily, Greece and Turkey, is now priced from $599 per person double -- a savings of about $1,070. Sailings earlier in October range from $649 to $799 per person double. Taxes and fees are an extra $168. Info: 877-882-6782, http:/
* Celebrity Cruises has a deal on an Eastern Caribbean cruise departing Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on Jan. 27. A concierge class cabin with balcony is now $1, 049 per person double (plus $62 taxes); brochure rate is $1,399. The seven-night cruise docks in Puerto Rico, the British Virgin Islands, the Dominican Republic and Haiti. Info: 800-647-2251, http:/
* Fly Korean Air from New York to Bangkok for $1,104 round trip, including $86 in taxes. Travel Sunday-Thursday, Sept. 1-Nov. 30; pay an $80 round-trip surcharge for Friday or Saturday flights. Fare on other airlines starts at about $1,383. Purchase by Sept. 10 at http:/
* Rex, a discount regional air carrier in Australia, is offering a Backpackers flight pass. The pass, which costs about $408 for a one-month pass and $777 for two months (including taxes), entitles the traveler to unlimited flights between any of nearly 40 destinations in Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia and Victoria. At check-in, passengers must produce a non-Australian passport and membership card for any of five backpacker travel organizations (VIP Backpackers, Youth Hostels Association, International Student Identity Card, International Youth Travel Card or Nomads). Info: 011-61-2-6393-5550, http:/
* Dooley Vacations is offering an Ireland Luxury Castle package for travel Nov. 1-Feb. 29. A group of four pays $499 per person, plus about $145 taxes; couples pay $699 per person, plus taxes. Deal includes round-trip airfare from Washington Dulles to Shannon on Aer Lingus, six nights in a two-bedroom townhouse at the five-star Adare Manor, full-size rental car and daily breakfast. Book by Sept. 7. Priced separately, airfare is about $699, lodging about $369 a night and the car about $300. Info: 877-331-9301, http:/
* A six-night trip to Portugal's Azores Islands starts at $669 plus about $120 taxes per person double. The Azores Express package includes round-trip nonstop flight from Boston to Sao Miguel, the main island in the Azores archipelago, and six nights with breakfasts at the Vila Nova Hotel. Cheapest prices apply to Tuesday departures Nov. 6-Dec. 11 and Jan. 8-March 26. Priced separately, airfare in November is about $565 and the hotel $98 a night, for a savings of about $140 per couple. Info: 800-762-9995, http:/
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.