WHAT'S THE DEAL?
What's the Deal?
* The Arrabelle at Vail Square, a new deluxe RockResort s property at the Colorado ski resort, is offering a Grand Opening Special in January. The package, which starts at $850 a night double, includes two lift tickets a day for two (usually $85 each), breakfasts and fleece jackets for both guests. Valid Jan. 5-31; four-night minimum required. Add 10 percent in taxes. After January, rates still will be $850 a night but won't include the freebies. Info: 866-662-7625, http:/
* The Fairmont Chateau Whistler in British Columbia is celebrating its 18th birthday with $18 room rates. With the 18 Candles package, pay $180 for a double room the first night and receive the second night for only $18. Valid through Nov. 30; two-night minimum required. Taxes of 16 percent are extra. Rooms typically start at $160 a night. Info: 800-606-8244, http:/
* Save up to $190 on an all-inclusive vacation at Caesars Pocono Resorts in northeastern Pennsylvania. Prices at the four properties vary. For example, a Club Lodge lakeview room at Pocono Palace costs $230 per couple per night (down from $310) and includes breakfast and dinner, live evening entertainment and activities such as snowtubing. The biggest savings are at Brookdale-on-the-Lake: The Brook Chalet and the Woodland and Mountain villas are going for $275 weekday and $295 weekend, down from $465.Travel by Jan. 26. Taxes of 8 percent and a 15 percent gratuity are extra. Info: 800-972-2517, http:/
* With Cruise Travel Outlet, spend nine days crossing the Atlantic for about $1,200 off the going rate. The repositioning cruise aboard Norwegian Cruise Lines' new Norwegian Gem costs $699 per person double for a mini-suite with balcony and sails from Barcelona to Boston, with one stop in the Madeira Islands. Depart Dec. 3. Port charges are included, but $64 taxes are extra. Brochure rate is nearly $1,900. Info: 800-498-7245, http:/
* Ecruises.com is holding a Caribbean sale on select Norwegian, Carnival and Royal Caribbean voyages through December. For example, rates on Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas start at $339 per person double (usually from $429). The five-night Western Caribbean cruise departs Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on Dec. 8 and docks in Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Port charges and cruise insurance are included (the latter usually runs $59 to $99); $51 taxes are additional. Eastern Caribbean cruises are on sale as well. Info: 800-223-6868, http:/
* With CruiseOne, spend four or five nights sailing the Caribbean-- or combine the two trips for a longer vacation -- and save about $150 on the brochure price. The five-nighter aboard the Celebrity Century, which starts at $309 per person double, departs from Miami on Jan. 26 and stops in Jamaica and Grand Cayman. The four-nighter, from $219, leaves Jan. 31 and docks in Key West, Fla., and Cozumel, Mexico. Taxes of $44 and $43, respectively, are extra. The fare on the nine-night back-to-back cruise starts at $528, plus taxes. By comparison, the four-night sojourn typically costs $399; the five night, $499. Info: 877-600-4646, http:/
* Scandinavian Airlines has a sale on flights to Copenhagen and Stockholm. Prices fluctuate according to availability, but a January flight to Stockholm is $634 (with taxes), and a February flight to Copenhagen goes for $564 round trip (including taxes). Travel by Dec. 13 or Dec. 24-March 13; Saturday night stay required. By comparison, other carriers charge about $610 for Copenhagen and at least $25 more for Stockholm. Info: http:/
* Fly USA 3000 and take $20 off round-trip fares if you book by tomorrow. The discount applies to all of the discount carrier's destinations; a round-trip flight to Melbourne, Fla., for instance, starts at $157 (including discount and taxes). Travel by Aug. 30. Other airlines are charging nearly twice as much. Book at http:/
* Air Tahiti Nui has discounted flights to Tahiti, departing from New York. The round-trip flight starts at $1,113 (including taxes), about $400 less than what other airlines are quoting. Travel by May 31. No booking deadline, so to nab the lowest fares, book as soon as possible at http:/
* Enjoy a five-day luxury vacation in Singapore for about the same price as the flight alone. The Globotours deal is $1,199 per person double and includes flight from New York, four nights at the Ritz-Carlton Millenia Hotel or the Mandarin Oriental, breakfast, half-day city tour and transfers. Up to $100 in taxes are additional. Travel Jan. 1-Feb. 9 or Feb. 22-March 25. By comparison, the flight alone is about $1,200. Info: 800-988-4833, http:/
* Sleep like royalty in Ireland, without having to pay a princely sum, on Sceptre Tours' Emerald Castle package in Ireland. The seven-day package starts at $859 per person double and includes round-trip air from Dulles to Dublin or Shannon; one night at the first-class Clare Inn in Shannon or the Regency Hotel in Dublin; four nights in your choice of 450 B&Bs; one night in Adare Manor Castle, Ashford Castle or Dromoland Castle; rental car; breakfasts; and Waterford Crystal Factory tour. Up to $140 taxes additional. Travel January-February. Priced separately, the package components would add up to as much as $1,121. Info: 800-221-0924, http:/
-- Andrea Sachs
Prices were verified and available on Wednesday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.