WHAT'S THE DEAL?
What's the Deal?
* The new Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort in Hollywood, Fla., has introductory rates starting at $149 a night, a savings of $103 (taxes are 11 percent extra). The deal applies to stays through Dec. 25. The 10-story hotel has 311 rooms that offer views of either the Atlantic Ocean or the Intracoastal Waterway. Info: 954-454-4334, http:/
* Take a horseback riding vacation with Cross Country International and a companion goes free. The deal applies to several European trips, including the five-night Ireland's Country Estate Training itinerary and a six-night Spain's Madrid Countryside Training and Trail package. The Ireland trip, for example, with two departures in March, is $2,270 for two and includes five nights' hotel, breakfasts, four days of riding with up to three hours of daily lessons and taxes; it will take place in Thomastown, about 90 minutes outside Dublin. Airfare is extra. Info: 800-828-8768, http:/
* Book one night and get the next free at any of Denali Park Resort's four properties just outside Alaska's Denali National Park and Preserve. Deal is good at McKinley Chalet Resort, Grande Denali Lodge, McKinley Village Lodge or Denali Bluffs hotel May 13-June 6 (some dates are sold out); price starts at $209 for two nights (plus about $15 taxes). Book at http:/
* Take a winter cruise on China's Yangtze River with Victoria Cruises and save 45 percent over high-season rates. Rates between Chongqing and Yichang (three nights downstream or four nights upstream) start at $450 per person (including taxes) for departures Dec. 6-March 16; rates on the seven-night round-trip itinerary start at $800. Info: 800-348-8084, http:/
* International Expeditions has a $500-per-person savings on its nine-night Amazon Voyage trip departing Feb. 29. The price of the 10-day cruise starts at $2,698 per person double (including port charges and taxes). The 28-passenger riverboat sails round trip from Iquitos, the largest city in the Peruvian rain forest, into Peru's Pacaya-Samiria Reserve. Book by Dec. 31. Info: 800-633-4734, http:/
* A five-night Norwegian Cruise Line cruise on the Norwegian Jewel departing Miami for the Western Caribbean on Jan. 13 starts at $279 per person double (plus $62 taxes). Brochure rate was $899. Request promo code PGSD1. Deadline to book is today. Info: 800-327-7030, http:/
* Book a 2008 Learn to Sail course in Florida with the Offshore Sailing School by Dec. 31 and receive a $200-per-person discount. Promo applies to three-day and five-day courses at South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island and Pink Shell Beach Resort & Spa in Fort Myers Beach. Price after discount, including lodging and sailing course, starts at $1,380 per person double for the three-day program and $1,670 for five days (two must book together to qualify for discount). Book by Dec. 31. Info: 800-221-4326, http:/
* Fly nonstop from Washington Dulles to London Heathrow for $489 (including $167 taxes). Virgin Atlantic has the sale fare for travel Jan. 7-March 16; other airlines are matching. Purchase by Dec. 3. Restrictions include a minimum Saturday-night stay and maximum one-month stay. Info: 800-821-5438, http:/
* Southwest has $99 one-way sale fares to Phoenix. Fly nonstop from BWI for $219 round trip (including taxes); fare for connecting service from Washington Dulles is $240 with taxes. Other airlines are matching. Fourteen-day advance purchase is required. Deal is good for travel through May, but some dates, especially near holidays, are sold out. Purchase by Dec. 3 at http:/
* A 10 -night trip to China starts at $2,393 per person double (including taxes) with a deal from Pacific Delight Tours. The Golden Route SuperValue tour includes round-trip airfare from Washington Dulles to Beijing, with return from Shanghai; two intra-China flights; 10 nights' lodging in Beijing, Xi'an, Guilin and Shanghai; transfers; bilingual guide; and sightseeing tours. Lowest price available for Feb. 28 departure; other January-March departures slightly higher. Priced separately, air and hotel alone would cost $2,367 per person. Book by Dec. 17 for lowest price, which includes an early-bird discount of $100 per couple. Info: 800-221-7179, http:/
* Tourcrafters has discounted a three-night trip to Venice. Price from Washington Dulles starts at $929 per person double (including $310 taxes and fuel surcharge). Package includes round-trip airfare and three nights at the Best Western Hotel Olympia with breakfasts. Priced separately, the package would cost about $1,159 per person. Deal is good for travel Jan. 8-March 15; add $25 each way for Friday-Sunday travel. Info: 800-621-2259, http:/
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.