A Few Pet Projects
Some earmarks in the spending bill approved by Congress this week:
- $100,000 for streetscaping and signage in the Los Angeles Fashion District
- At least six earmarks totaling $10.4 million for ProLogic, a West Virginia company under federal investigation
- $250,000 for the Bremerton Public Library restoration in Bremerton, Wash.
- $126,000 for the National First Ladies' Library in Canton, Ohio
- $250,000 for construction at the Walter Clore Wine and Culinary Center in Prosser, Wash.
- $2.4 million for Haddad Riverfront Park renovations in Charleston, W.Va.
- $8.8 million for the Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium at Eastern Kentucky University
SOURCE: Taxpayers for Common Sense