The Reliable Source Person of the Year
What did you do in 2007? Jenna Bush finished a stint with UNICEF in Panama, wrote a book, embarked on a nationwide tour, dished out fresh and charming sound bites for countless interviews -- and, oh yeah, got engaged. Barbara, the ball's in your court.
* Gilbert Arenas kicked off his NBA superstar breakout year with a million-dollar birthday at Love (Diddy, The Game, a couple of thousand other guests); later, welcomed his second child, filmed a series of surreal TV ads. Now sidelined, he's blogging moodily about his recent breakup. He'll be back. We need him.
* Sheryl Crow, Laurie David and Karl Rove: The Hollywood liberals confronted Dubya's right-hand man on global warming at the White House Correspondents' dinner. They called him rude, he called them abusive; scores of journalists standing nearby couldn't believe their luck.
Catching up with '07's VIP bundles of joy.
* Samuel, born May 23 to Mary Cheney and Heather Poe: Has two teeth, is "completely adorable," the moms say.
* Grace and Henry, born May 19 to Norah O'Donnell and Geoff Tracy: Each baby has two bottom teeth, Henry crawls backward, chef dad makes fresh homemade baby food.
* Eyasu and Emebet, adopted in August from Ethiopia by Tracey Neale: The 16-month-olds are sleeping through the night, learning to run, not loving the snow.
* Nasser, born Oct. 13 to Kuwaiti Ambassador Salem al-Sabah and Rima: Full head of hair, smiles all the time.
Have you seen . . . ?
* The $52K Louis Vuitton "patchwork" bag, reportedly bought by an unidentified D.C. lady. Is she just too embarrassed to bring it out?
* "The Collector," who stole Tim Tate's glass sculpture from Artomatic, demanded Monopoly bucks in a midnight ransom drop, vowed to strike again; hasn't yet.
* The ducklings that hatched outside U.S. Trade Representative Susan Schwab's office, then got picked off by a killer goose at the Interior Department pond. (We stopped looking when only two were left.)