WHAT'S THE DEAL?
What's the Deal?
* Mammoth Mountain, a central California ski resort, is offering a January Midweek Madness sale. A three-night (Tuesday-Thursday) package with lodging and lift tickets starts at $817 for two including taxes; priced separately, the deal would cost about $964. Info: 800-626-6684, http:/
* WaterColor Inn in Santa Rosa Beach, Fla., is offering a Quick Getaway package through Feb. 13. Price for two starts at $660 (with taxes) and includes two nights in a Gulf-front room, dinner, a round of golf or unlimited tennis, and beach chair/umbrella rental. Priced separately, room alone is $395 a night plus tax. Info: 866-426-2656, http:/
* Horseshoe Bay Resort in the Texas Hill Country, about 45 minutes west of Austin, is offering rooms at nearly 50 percent off through Feb. 29. A one-bedroom villa at the Waters at Horseshoe Bay now starts at $159 weekdays and $189 weekends plus 6 percent taxes. The 7,000-acre resort is also offering 20 percent discounts on golf and spa treatments, and 10 percent off at the property's restaurants. Info: 877-611-0112, http:/
* Peter Deilmann Cruises is offering free shore excursions and $99 round-trip airfare (plus $265 taxes) on several Baltic Sea cruises aboard the MS Deutschland. Cruise price varies. For example, a 12-night itinerary that departs June 5 from Kiel, Germany, starts at $5,240 per person double (plus $125 port charges) plus $364 air. Priced separately, shore excursions would cost $600 and airfare to Hamburg would be $1,213. Info: 800-348-8287, http:/
* Save 50 percent on a Silversea cruise from Las Palmas, Canary Islands, to Lisbon. The nine-night cruise aboard the 296-passenger Silver Wind, departing May 4, starts at $3,747 per person double (plus $225 port charges and fees). Info: 800-722-9955, http:/
* A five-night Celebrity cruise from Miami to the Western Caribbean is priced from $349 per person double (plus $69 taxes and fuel surcharge). The cruise departs Feb. 9. Brochure rate was $499. Info: 800-647-2251, http:/
* JetBlue is offering sale fares from Washington Dulles to Orlando; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Las Vegas; and the California cities of Long Beach, San Diego and Oakland. One-way pretax fares range from $59 (Orlando) to $139 (California); round-trip fare with taxes to Orlando, for example, is $139. Complete travel to Las Vegas and California by Feb. 13. Return from Florida by Feb. 16 (travel blackout dates apply). Advance purchase restrictions apply; travel must take place Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday. Other airlines are matching in select markets. Book by Jan. 11 at http:/
* Fly nonstop from BWI to Montego Bay, Jamaica, on Air Jamaica for $396, including $88 taxes. Travel Jan. 10-March 8. Some dates are sold out. Fare usually starts at $546. Purchase at http:/
* Azores Express is offering a new rural tourism package to the Azores islands, starting at $629 per person double (plus $152 taxes). Deal includes round-trip airfare from Boston to Ponta Delgada on Sao Miguel island and six nights with breakfast at Quinta de Santana, a country inn on the northern coast. Travel Tuesdays through March. Priced separately, air costs about $569 and lodging about $618. Book at 800-762-9995. Info: http:/
* Take the kids to New Zealand for free in April or May with a deal from Springboard Vacations. The nine-night package starts at $1,999 per adult (plus $250 taxes), with up to two children (age 11 or younger) per couple paying only $250 taxes each. Total price for a family of four is $5,023, including $25 courier fee. Deal includes round-trip airfare from Los Angeles or San Francisco to Auckland, rental of a Spirit 6 motorhome and admission to four attractions. Priced separately, air alone would cost about $5,452 for four. Info: 866-447-7746, http:/
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.