What's the Deal?
* Celebrate Leap Year with a free hotel night Feb. 29. In the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., area, a dozen Superior Small Lodging properties ( http:/
* VisitBritain has an Essential London Kit for $99 per adult ($66 per child); shipping is $10. The package includes a three-day London Travel Card and tickets to the London Eye, Tower of London and the Original London Sightseeing bus tour. Priced separately, kit would cost $33 more. Buy by March 1: 800-462-2748, http:/
* The beachfront Turks & Caicos Club on the island of Providenciales is offering five nights for the price of four for April and May stays. Deal is valid on oceanfront one- or two-bedroom units; per-night price starts at $595 (plus 20 percent taxes and fees). Book by March 1 at 888-482-2582, http:/
* Special Places Travel in Edgewater is discounting several six-night barge cruises in France aboard the 18-passenger Le Phenicien. Price for the May 18 or June 8 departures, for example, starts at $2,700 per person double, a savings of $1,290. Book by Feb. 29. Info: 877-642-2743, http:/
* Esprit Rainbow Travel in Bethesda has shipboard credits of up to $400 on 2008 Cunard cruises. Credit amounts vary by cruise and cabin. For example, book a premium balcony cabin on a six-night transatlantic cruise aboard the Queen Mary 2 departing New York on May 27 ($1,843 per person double including taxes) and receive a $200-per-person credit. Book by Feb. 29. Info: 301-656-4060, http:/
* Hapag-Lloyd is offering more than one-third off on a 15-day voyage from Papeete, Tahiti, to Acapulco, Mexico, departing April 12. An outside cabin on the 164-passenger MS Bremen is $6,500 per person double (price was $10,140), plus $195 fuel surcharge. Book by calling 877-445-7447. Info: http:/
* El Al has savings on flights from New York to Tel Aviv for travel through March 29. Round-trip fare is $967 (including $84 taxes). Fare on other airlines starts at $1,070; no booking deadline has been set. Info: 800-223-6700, http:/
* Cathay Pacific has announced pricing on its 2008 All Asia Pass. Fare starts at $1,099 for round-trip flights from New York to Hong Kong, plus flights to two additional Asian cities from a list of 24 (taxes are extra and vary by cities). Cheapest prices available for Monday-Wednesday travel Feb. 25-May 14 and Aug. 18-Dec. 1; travel must be completed within 21 days. Pass extras are available for additional fees; weekend travel, for example, costs $100 extra. Purchase through a travel agent. Info: http:/
* American Express is holding its annual Going Once sale. Through Feb. 14, a limited number of a different luxury package each day is being auctioned on its Web site. The price is reduced every 20 minutes from 12:20 p.m. until 8 p.m., or until the package is sold out. Some packages start out as deals, while others become deals as the price is reduced; price separately before bidding. The trip to Hawaii (30 available) that will be offered Feb. 14 (round-trip airfare for two from New York to Kauai and eight nights at the Grand Hyatt Kauai) is an example of a good deal; it will start at $7,100, but, priced independently, the package would cost about $1,000 more.
Additionally, the Going Once sale has a limited number (200 or fewer each) of nine fixed-price deals. For example, a five-night stay for two at the Fairmont Mayakoba in Riviera Maya, Mexico, is $1,599; priced separately, it would cost about $2,160. You must be an American Express card holder to participate. Info: http:/
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.