What Do You Know?
Here are sample questions from a recent trivia game at Nellie's Sports Bar.
1. What fast-food entree gets dissed in the Rob Base song "It Takes Two"?
2. Composed by local talent Bob Mould and performed by They Might Be Giants, the song "Dog on Fire" has served as the theme song to what TV show since (at least) 1999?
3. Within a margin of two years, in what year did we celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Statue of Liberty?
4. A recent advertisement for the Chevy Tahoe shows two men dining alfresco at what Dupont Circle neighborhood restaurant?
5. Harrison Ford played the role of Jack Ryan in the movies "Patriot Games" and "Clear and Present Danger." Name the two other actors who have played the same role in other Tom Clancy adaptations. (One point for each.)
6. In 1847, in the fallout of the Mexican-American War, the little town of Yerba Buena ("Good Herb") was renamed to this, the name we know it by today.
How did you do? Click here for the answers.