What's the Deal?
* The new Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel is offering introductory weekend rates (Friday and Saturday) Feb. 29-March 22. The Web-only rates start at $149 a night, a savings of $120. Book at http:/
* Kids age 12 and younger ski free at the Homestead in Hot Springs, Va., through March 15, a savings of $30 per child per day. Room for a family of four starts at $245 a night, including $46 taxes and resort fee. The Fun & Free Kids Ski promo applies to hotel guests only. Info: 866-354-4653, http:/
* Receive a one-category room upgrade worth as much as $400 a night at Rosewood Little Dix Bay resort on Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands. The Great Escape special applies to stays Feb. 23-March 14 and April 10-30. Rates start at $550 a night for a garden-view room (upgrade to ocean-view is worth $75). Also, stay at least five nights and receive free breakfasts (usually $25 per person per day). Seven-day advance purchase required. Info: 888-767-3966, http:/
* Book a Galapagos cruise with Intrepid Travel by March 31 and receive up to 20 percent off. After the discount, the six-day voyage from Quito, Ecuador, starts at $1,612 per person double, including fees and taxes; longer itineraries also available. Best deals apply to sailings before June 15 or after Aug. 31; summer departures are reduced by 10 percent. Info: 800-970-7299, http:/
* Windstar Cruises is discounting two fall departures of its Athens-to-Rome itinerary. Price on the Oct. 18 cruise on the Wind Spirit and the Oct. 25 sailing aboard the Wind Star starts at $2,599 per person double, plus about $53 taxes and a fuel surcharge of $8.50 per person per day; brochure fare starts at $3,699, plus fees and taxes. Info: 800-258-7245, http:/
* Carnival is offering sale fares on spring cruises to Mexico's Baja peninsula. For example, the fare on a four-night cruise departing Los Angeles on April 28 starts at $219 per person double, plus about $57 taxes. Brochure rate is $849. Info: 888-227-6482, http:/
* Virgin Atlantic has sale fares to London. The round-trip fare for nonstop flights from Washington Dulles is about $494, including $162 taxes. Travel through March 18, or pay $78 more for March 29-May 27. Blackout dates apply March 19-28. Book by Feb. 19; seven-day advance purchase required. Info: 800-821-5438, http:/
* USA 3000 is offering $20 off any round-trip airfare booked online ( http:/
* CheapCaribbean.com is discounting vacations to Mexico's Cancun and Riviera Maya. For example, a four-night trip in early April with air from Washington Dulles to Cancun and four nights at the Grand Oasis Riviera Maya starts at $646 per person double plus $118 taxes. Priced separately, the package would cost about $60 more. Book by Feb. 29 using promo code CANCUN2008. Info: 800-915-2322, http:/
* Book a 2008 Walt Disney World trip through United Vacations and receive a free Disney gift card. Stay at one of Disney's deluxe, deluxe villa or moderate resorts for at least five nights and receive a $200-per-package gift card; stay at a value resort and receive a $100 card. Pricing varies. For example, a package in early April with nonstop air from Dulles to Orlando, five nights at the moderate Disney Port Orleans Resort and a five-day Park Hopper pass costs $878 per person double (purchased separately, price is comparable to package rate). Gift card can be used at Disney-operated gift shops, restaurants, etc.; for details, go to http:/
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.