Sunday, March 2, 2008
* Pay for two midweek nights at any of 16 inns and cottages in California's Point Reyes area, about an hour north of San Francisco, and receive a third night free. The Point Reyes Lodging Association's Whales & Wildlife promotion is good t hrough March 31 (holiday blackouts apply). Prices vary by property, ranging from $150 to $350 a night; for example, rates at Ferrando's Hideaway Cottages in Point Reyes Station start at $275 a night with breakfast. Taxes are 10 percent extra. Info: 800-539-1872, http://www.ptreyes.com.
* Luxury seekers looking for a last-minute getaway can save as much as 57 percent March 3-15 on the private island of Cayo Espanto, off the coast of Belize. Three of the island's six villas, which usually range from $1,895 to $2,295 per night, have been reduced to $995 per couple. Deal includes personal butler, all meals, drinks and transfers. Taxes and resort fees are 24 percent extra. Three-night minimum stay required. Info: 888-666-4282, http://www.aprivateisland.com.
* A Skate-a-Date package for two at New York's Rockefeller Center includes ice skating, rentals and a two-course dinner at Rock Center Cafe for $75, plus tip and about $6.50 taxes. Priced separately, the package would cost about $140 per couple. The deal is good through early April. Info: 212-332-7620, http://www.therinkatrockcenter.com.SEA
* Book a suite on select 2008 or 2009 MSC Cruises Caribbean sailings aboard the MSC Lirica or the MSC Orchestra and receive up to 50 percent in savings. For example, a 10-night Panama Canal cruise departing Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on Jan. 13 is $1,449 per person double (plus $91 taxes); brochure rate is $2,825. Book by June 30 and receive a shipboard credit of up to $100 per suite. Info: 800-666-9333, http://www.msccruisesusa.com.
* Oceania Cruises is offering discounts and free airfare on its 2009 European cruises. For example, a 10-night cruise from Rome to Barcelona aboard the Insignia departing Nov. 15, 2009, starts at $2,299 per person double, plus about $725 port charges and air taxes (brochure rate is $4,598). Deal includes round-trip airfare from Washington. Info: 866-765-3630, http://www.oceaniacruises.com.AIR
* Southwest is offering a nationwide fare sale. Round-trip fare from BWI to Houston, for example, is $188, including $20 taxes; fare on other airlines is $215. Travel Tuesdays and Wednesdays April 1-June 25. Purchase by March 20 at http://www.southwest.com; 14-day advance purchase required.
* British Airways is offering reduced Club World (business class) fares to London for travel June 1-Aug. 31. Round-trip fare is $2,725 (including $250 taxes) for Monday-Wednesday flights. (Add a $60 round-trip surcharge for Thursday-Sunday travel.) Other airlines are matching, but the fare typically starts at about $3,800. Book by March 13. Info: 800-247-9297, http://www.ba.com/summerpremium.PACKAGES
* Star Clippers is offering savings of $700 per person on two 13-night cruise/tour itineraries in Thailand. For example, the price starts at $3,590 per person double for the Wonders of the Far East package, departing Dec. 1 and Dec. 10, 2008, and March 11, 2009. Trip includes airfare from Washington to Bangkok, with return from Singapore; domestic air between Bangkok and Phuket; seven-night cruise between Phuket and Singapore; four nights at the Montien Riverside Hotel in Bangkok; two nights at the Orchard Hotel in Singapore; and several sightseeing tours. Port charges are $195 extra each. Book through a travel agent. Info: 800-442-0551, http://www.starclippers.com.
* Save an extra $300 per person on Gate 1 Travel's Crown of Spain escorted tour departing Nov. 13. Package starts at $2,376 per person double and includes airfare from Washington to Madrid, with return from Barcelona; 12 nights' hotel; 17 meals; sightseeing; motor coach transport; taxes; and tour guide. Book by March 15 and request code WPDS300. Priced separately, flights and hotels alone would cost about the same. Info: 800-682-3333, http://www.gate1travel.com.
-- Carol Sottili
Prices were verified and available on Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press. However, deals sell out quickly and are not guaranteed to be available. Restrictions such as day of travel, blackout dates and advance-purchase requirements sometimes apply.