You Can Get There From Here, Nonstop
Why stop when you don't have to? At press time, nonstop flights to seven tropical island destinations, plus Mexico's Cancun, were available from Washington's three area airports; packages through such companies as Apple Vacations (800-517-2000, http:/
* Aruba. United Airlines (800-241-6522, http:/
* Bahamas. US Airways (800-428-4322, http:/
* Bermuda. USA3000 Airlines (877-872-3000, http:/
* Cancun. USA3000 flies from BWI to Cancun on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays; from $455. From Dulles, United offers daily service (from $432), and Delta (800-221-1212, http:/
* Dominican Republic. USA3000 flies from BWI to Punta Cana International Airport on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; from $585. United flies from Dulles to Punta Cana on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays through March 30, then switches to Saturdays only until April 23; from $726; flights resume in December. Flight time from both airports is about four hours.
* Jamaica. Air Jamaica (800-523-5585, http:/
* Puerto Rico. United and American Airlines (800-433-7300, http:/
* St. Martin/St. Maarten. United flies on Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from Dulles to Princess Juliana International Airport on St. Maarten; from $344. Flight time is 4 1/2 hours.