Podcast: The Newseum Reopens
Touted as one of the most technologically advanced museums in the world, the Newseum opens its new Pennsylvania Avenue location on April 11. The $450 million, seven-level building boasts 14 permanent galleries, 15 theaters and thousands of artifacts that explore the history of news gathering. In this podcast, Washington Post media columnist Howard Kurtz comments on five highlights of the museum: galleries on the Berlin Wall, news history, the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and world news, and the Newseum's Interactive Newsroom.
To put the tour on your iPod, follow these instructions:
1. Download TheNewseumReopens.Zip to your computer.
2. Unzip the file, using a program like Winzip or StuffIt Expander. The MP3s will appear in a folder called washingtonpost.com
3. Drag this folder into your iTunes music library.
4. Create a playlist, and transfer the files onto your iPod.
5. When listening to the podcast on a video iPod, double-click the center button to see a full-size image.
Post photographer Nikki Kah took the images of the Newseum exterior at night. The other images were taken by washingtonpost.com photographer Whitney Shefte.
Download our other museum podcast tours.