Requested, Not Released
The Justice Department has yet to respond to congressional requests for information on matters including:
· An Oct. 23, 2001, Office of Legal Counsel opinion describing presidential authority for domestic military operations dealing with terrorism.
· An Aug. 1, 2002, Office of Legal Counsel memo spelling out interrogation techniques the CIA could apply to detainees.
· Fee data on no-bid corporate monitoring contracts that prosecutors arranged to resolve criminal charges against businesses.
· Documents and e-mail messages regarding the firing of nine U.S. attorneys.
· Testimony about the firings from White House aides Joshua B. Bolten and Harriet Miers.
· Records related to videotapes portraying the CIA's interrogation of detainees.